progress thus far

Although I’ve been doing Electrolysis for some time since August I’d like to try and keep a record of my progress should have really started earlier but hear goes.
Been to my 7 month appointment this morning, I didn’t have any black hairs on my chin any longer its been 3 months since I’ve had one appear although I did have around 6 long thin ones zapped 1 was white the rest were brown, it took around 4-5 weeks for these hairs to appear.
I also had hairs around my nipples removed about 6 on the left just one was black the rest were pale brown and 3 removed from the right all pale brown, these took around 2 weeks to start coming through after last appointment.
For the first time I had hairs removed from my upper lip this was more painful that any other area I had them removed from the corners of my lip around 4 on the left side and 5 on the right.
hope for more progress at the next appointment thus far the progress has been that I am able to add the upper lip into my 10 minute sessions, the hairs are paler and no longer seem to be thick black and the hairs on the chin are taking twice as long to grow new ones. I started going in every 2-3 weeks but this appointment was 6 weeks on from my last, So I’m starting to believe this is going to work for me fingers crossed. Oh I also had a dark hair on my hand removed around 5 months ago which hasn’t come back.

Hi Helen,

I have a question about the soon to be gone hair on your upper lip area and areolas. Are the hairs as thick as they were on your chin? I am currently pursuing electrolysis on my chin and neck, and is considering areolas in the near future.
To my understanding, you only had one treatment on your nipples so far?

No I have been going for the last 7 months for treatment around areolas and on my chin I started in August 2013, and have had around 10 treatments now in both these area’s.
Today was my first session on upper lip removal only in the corners as this is the only area I get dark ones. They are brown and thin I have previously bleached or when going on holiday removed with cream but since I have extra time and have to pay for 10 minutes I added it to the sessions.
I have not had any hair removed from the neck I don’t have any issues in this area.
The hair around my areolas was a mix of thin brown and thin black the ones on my chin were thicker and black originally, they are all coming in thin and brown now apart from the 1 thin black one today around nipples.

I started having hair around areola when I was pregnant with my daughter who is soon to be 7, my electrolysis says this is common. My chin hairs started around 18 months - 2 years ago when I came off the pill.
She did tell me because I’d been plucking what seemed only a couple of hairs every 1 or 2 on around areola since I was pregnant this area would take longer to clear than my chin.
Hope that helps.

So everything was going great been going every 5 to 6 weeks removing pale brown hairs from my chin and around nipples. Its been around 3 - 3.5 months since I’ve had a black hair on my chin when bam out of no were 12 days since my last appointment one appears under my chin black gutted does not come close. I do not have the time to travel 40 minutes with working for this week or next just to remove one hair :frowning: I stupidly thought all the black ones were gone and I’d be doing with paler ones from now on that I could cope with between appointment. I also thought I wouldn’t get any so soon, I’m on holiday end of May so was really happy with the progress feels like gone backwards now bloody face. I can feel it under my fingers when I glid under the area haven’t felt any like that in 3-3.5 months too.

Hey :slight_smile: When I get one out of the blue, I just cut it short with a pair of scissors! If it’s under your chin it wont be obvious and hopefully you can live with it until your next appointment!

Just been for what I think is my 12th or 13th session on the chin and areola 8 months of going and 2nd session on upper lip.
Removed 1 thick hair from chin and one thin but darker in color hair, removed 1 hair each from the left and right areola I didn’t count but probably around 10 hairs removed from upper lip. Paid for 10 minute session as always.
Really hoping it lasts longer this time I was going ages between appointment but I got new hairs without 2 weeks of last session.

Sounds like we should be singing, 'Oh, Hapoy Day" together. You are getting closer to your goal with so few hairs. Be grateful and hug your electrologist.

So its been 2 weeks since my last appointment 8 months in upper lip nice and hairy pale brown hairs I have 1 thin darker brown hair the left side of my chin and 1 think darker brown hair just outside my left areola. Gutted at the time between hairs reappearing it used to take up to 4 weeks to come and I’d book in 5-6 weeks time but even though I think I’m getting less hair coming in they are coming in more frequent puzzling and annoying. I plan to see her again in 1.5 - 2 weeks time since I am going on holiday in 2 weeks and am keeping all my fingers crossed now appear whilst I’m abroad on the chin that is I know I have only just started out on the upper lip. I still have the 1 mark on my upper lip but seems paler and this time I still have 2 red marks on my breast from last treatment this usually scabs and does without a week so again rather annoying still keeping the faith not much else I can do.

Punctuation would work wonders for you in your posts! But, congratulations! Keep it up

I’m not into the punctuation police online work college yes online can’t be bothered sorry.
I am rather disappointed frequency is getting closer together so not sure on congratulations not how I’m feeling, but will keep it up and keeping hope x

Suggestion for Helen:

“Toss in” a period now and then (preferably at the end of a sentence); this will make reading your posts much easier … and more understandable!

Michael that history teacher / writer side of you will always be there.

Yes, Helen, I would appreciate seeing some punctuation, too. I’m trying to be mindful of all of the run on sentences I make here. How am I doing Michael!

Those dear, sweet, gentle Catholic nuns, for my twelve years of primary and secondary education, were never short on constructive feedback, in regard to my writing assignments. I think my Mom should have bought them a case of red pens for all the comments made.

completely going off subject as to what this is ment to be my own hair diary so I can keep track of my own experiences and what is happening at each electrolysis session and between.
I am not really writing it for anyone else to read if they wish to do so then it is open for them to do so in this forum. I think I have already address my response to the punctuation police.

Well its 3.5 weeks since my last appointment, I have 2 thin brown hairs on my chin either side underneath the chin they came in around 2 weeks after. Then this afternoon spotted a thin but darker black one in the middle of my chin arrr. I hate them on the chin and not underneath, I actually went to a salon this morning and booked in to get my eye brows waxed tinted and nails done tomorrow before hols this Friday. I was all pleased and looking forward to it, now I’ve got to sit there for 1.5 hours with this blooming hair in middle of my chin, as I’m going to electrolysis Thursday eve and can’t cut it short :frowning: am going to be so embarrest.
I am at least glad it came in before I did go away to Italy to get zapped and hope no more appear whilst I am away to spoil my break. Will of course be taking the nail scissors with me just in case.

16 days from my last appointment and I have a nasty dark brown hair on the right side of my chin along with 3 other long blonde hairs :frowning: after seeing my electrolysis for 9 months soon to be the 10 month mark I was hoping that I wouldn’t keep getting hairs in so soon. I never feel her pluck and I don’t get black thick hairs anymore they are thin brown or blonde ones now. Soo depressed keeping at it, my electrolysis is in her 60’s and has been doing this since her 20’s. I am so scared my hormones are out of wack she’s not doing it right or I’m expecting too much for this length of time. I am been to a doctor all normal hormones they did suggest Diante which I declined just encase I was sensitive to testosterone although levels were fine.
I am seriously thinking of giving someone else a try but too scared to just encase they don’t do it properly.

I am also scared at seeing little pin prick holes around my areola which has been area’s treated. They used to go away after a long time but they just seem to be staying there now not attractive.

Lets keep it friendly, obviously. But it begs the question, if posting in a forum wouldn’t you be inviting other people to read it? If you weren’t, you would simply write in a journal or perhaps a word document on your computer. I just think it might get your ideas across a little better, and also as a courtesy for your readers. I’m not a punctuation nazi but I’ve gone cross eyed a couple of times trying to make out what it is you have to say.

That being said i do enjoy your posts :slight_smile:

Your statement, iLikeDIY, is easy to agree with.

Helen, pricks around the aeroela, is a temporary nuisance, well worth putting up with, in order to have coarse hair eliminated permanently. One hair on your chin for the holiday? Just clip it close to the skin.