Professional botch job...

I recently had my eyebrows and lip waxed at a very well known salon. While doing my second eyebrow the girl dropped a blob of hot wax on my eyelid. I immediatly closed my eye and the wax ran into the corner of my eye and along my lash line. My eye sealed completely shut! She then spent the next twenty minutes rubbing and picking wax out of my eye until I could open it. The next day I ended up going to the emergency room because my vision was blurry. The ER doctor cleansed my eye and put a patch over it. I don’t know whether this has happened to anyone else but should the technicion have tried getting the wax out herself or should this have been handled differently. Now I’m scared to get waxed again!!!

yikes…!! ouch…!!

I am not sure what the procedure should have been to deal with that situation… but you need to be very careful of your eyes…

Did she drop it onto the eyeball. and then you shut your eyes… or did you see it coming and close your eyes… the coolness and the moistures of the eyball woul have set the wax hard very quickly… I doubt she should have been poking and prodding to get it open… she may have felt she had to sort the problem ouot, but it sounds like I would want someone trained working on my eye… not a waxing jockey…

You may consider plucking the eyebrow in the future, or get it over and done with once and for all with some electrolysis…

David

[ March 08, 2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: IHH ]

ooooh…oscar, i am so sorry to hear this.
it is completely unprofessional for this to have happened, but however, don’t be put off having your eyebrows done…next time just make sure the beautician places damp cotton wool pads on your eye lids before she starts waxing.
I hope you didn’t pay for this botch job!- the beautician need to be retrained!! :angry: