Post Success Stories! --- More than 6 months post

Aurora is an IPL. American Laser Centers has a horrible reputation. Underarms should have 95%+ removal in 6 treatments on pretty much everyone. Good luck in your search for a better clinic and laser. See if there is a Smooth Solutions near you, but there are lots of others.

Thanks! Yeah, I looked it up after I posted. I had nevered bothered to do so before. Beating myself over it now, but at least the underarm were free as part of a promotion where I just had to pay the remaining balance on my legs. LOL

It has now been six months (to the day) since I had my final of 6 treatments so I hope this qualifies. Since my last post here I have noticed little change. As some people have LHR and then experience regrowth, I have been worried that I may also get the same happen to me but now after 6 months I only need to shave once every 2 weeks. I am very pleased with that and I keep being surprised by how soft and smooth my skin in the treated areas feels. I love it.

When I shave my legs now I can feel the softer ‘stubble’ on my thighs after about 3 days and then my legs feel smooth and soft for about another week and a half. I am finding that they need to be shaved again around the 2 week point which is when I can start to see the now fine downy hairs getting longer - I really do have to look hard (or bright light needs to catch them just right). I occasionally get one or two coarser dark hairs come through but have been zapping them with the ‘one-touch’ which seems to get rid of them. The lower part of my legs (knees down) seem to be almost totally hair free and the thighs area is where I seem to get the downy hairs come through.

My bikini area is slightly different as it has much softer skin with hardly any visible pores (I have quite large pores on my legs). It remains mostly hair free and I run the razor over this area roughly once a week to catch the odd hair that comes through but once again they are very fine and downy. I shave this area more as it is really quick to do in the shower. I used to get lots of ingrown hairs here but hardly ever get any now.

Am I pleased? You bet I am. I have been so worried that hair would come back but it has not (much to my relief). People mention touch-ups but I don’t understand whether that is because hair slowly and surely starts to come back or whether it is to get rid of the odd stragglers (those I have already zapped). I really hope as the 6 months has now passed that the hairs are dead and gone and that I will not experience any major regrowth other than the fine downy hair which comes through now. When I started my course of treatments I realised that as a male I was not going to completely get rid of the hair and that I would be happy with shaving once every 2 weeks which I am. I hope this helps anyone contemplating LHR or even needing a little encouragement during treatment.

I have been extremely satisfied with my results to date. I am 5 treatments in with the first 4 being very evenly spaced and the 5th treatment 9 months (today).

I am male, 31 y/o and have been using the Genetlase at 18mm/18J to 20J on my chest, stomach, back (mostly flanks) and shoulders/upper arms. Light skin (tanner now that I’m swimming outdoors in the sunshine), hair was originally coarse to thick on the chest/stomach and less so everywhere else.

I still need to have a few treatments, but the shoulder/back hair are thin and hardly noticeable. the character of the chest hair is completely different. After 4 treatments, the hair came in soft and somewhat straight (not wiry at all). I’d say 70% reduction on the muscle part of the pec and 90% above. The stomach hair is also changed in character but still needs work. I’d call it 60 to 70% reduction.

Most importantly though, the hair went from being an embarrassment to something totally manageable. For the last 9 months, I’ve been very comfortable with where things are. When I want to be smooth, I shave. Because the hair is so much thinner, rather than get stubbly, it remains pretty smooth to touch. It doesn’t grow in funny at all.

I did get another treatment today because I want further reductions on the stomach, and I just want to finish what I started. I’ll post before/after pictures someday that will blow you all away!

I have pale (Irish) skin and previously had black hair over my arms, legs, buttocks, and back. Folliculitis was a frequent problem, as were ingrown hairs and multiple hairs growing from a single follicle, blocking them. A Candela GentleLase (alexandrite) laser treatment over several weeks eliminated 99% of the hair, and that was over five years ago. What very little hair re-grows is almost non-existent and easily waxed off every few months. I experienced no burning, no scarring, and no patchiness.

I wished more people would post here. I’m really curious to know how long laser hair reduction has lasted for people. I believe my stomach line and feet were treated at good settings (I don’t know what settings, but it was a painful experience). I would say about 1 year later, I still have about 80-85% reduction on my stomach line and feet.

There are 3 pages of stories here: http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4107

Thanks LAgirl!

Male beard story with photos, to follow: http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8426&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It seems like most people have had very good success with laser. Is it true that ipl does not actually kill the hair and only laser does? I read this somewhere, but don’t think it is true?

1. Area(s) treated: full legs
  2. How long it’s been since last treatment: 9 years
  3. Your skin and hair type on that area(s): type III,thick coarse black hair (light skinned Mexican)
  4. Device used and settings (if known): Alexandrite Gentlase
  5. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s): 90%
  6. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!): Medspa in Geneva, IL closed now
  7. Finishing with electrolysis: No

Deleted

1. Area(s) treated: Chest, back, abdomen, neck (both anterior and posterior).
2. How long it’s been since last treatment: 3 yrs
3. Your skin and hair type on that area: Fitzpatrick type III, black
4. Device used and settings: GentleLase (1 @ 16 J/cm^2, 7 @ 20 J/cm^2 - all 18mm spot size).
5. Estimated % of reduction in the area: Chest 90%, Back 70%, Abdomen 80%, Neck (anterior) 90%, Neck (posterior) 80%.
6. Name and location of clinic: Philadelphia, USA (@ an academic medical center)
7. Finishing with electrolysis?: Just began electrolysis.

rezwack on the other forum just finished his face treatments. Since there are lots of beard removal questions on this forum, I wanted to link to his story for anyone interested in following his 10 treatments. He’s done and happy now.

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8426&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

FYI I moved a post by Cloud9 out of the success stories thread. @Cloud9, you should check your agreement and see what their policy is on follow-ups. A good practitioner should be willing to work with you if you are not satisfied.

I just moved a post in this thread about 6-week results here:

Hi,

I have brown/light indian skin. I have already had alxander laser on my face which got rid of the black hair but didnt kill the finer hairs wich are brown. I was thinking about going over the same area with a yag or candela laser to kill the finer hairs.

Can anyone tell me if they think it will kill the hairs as they are fine hairs but they are not blonde they are brown and if the yag/candela laser will be more effective on my skin colour in killing hair.

Your comments would be much appreciated…

1. Area(s) treated
    bikini, under arms, legs

2. How long it’s been since last treatment

3 months

1. Your skin and hair type on that area(s)

Type I

1. Device used and settings (if known)

laser

1. Estimated % of reduction in the area(s)

Bikini 99%+
Underarms 99%+
Legs 40%+ (1 treatment, need to go further)

1. Name and location of clinic (great recommendation!)

The Sloane Clinic. Malaysia

1. Finishing with electrolysis?

No.

[color:#3366FF]

[/color]
Well, it’s now been just over a year since I completed my course of 6 LHR treatments. I have experienced no further hair growth other than the odd straggler which pops up now and then which I zap with the ‘one-touch’. There really isn’t much change since my post of 19/12/2010 above. I am still very pleased with the results and hope this update is of use and encouragement to anyone who may read it.

Male back story with photos posted on another forum. Results after about 4 years:

http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143655&p=174960#p174960