Post-electrolysis treatment questions....

Yesterday I went for my first electrolysis treatment. I left with a few questions…

1)The practitioner didn’t use rubber gloves. Is this a normal thing or should I be worried? :fearful:

2)I don’t have red, sort of “sore” type scabs the day after, but, what more closely looks like if I bleach my skin too much, sort of a clearish fluid crusting over… and some of the pores look like whiteheads abit filled with pus. Is this normal? If I remove/clean it is the same as if I’d removed like a wound type scab and cause pitting? Normally I never even get acne and I’m resisting the urge to touch my face… it just looks more like bacteria got in some of the pores.

Thanks so much to any who might provide some information. The glove thing especially is making me upset :frowning:

[ September 04, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Star ]

You should be upset!

Although many people in my field will say that washing hands is good enough, professionalism would dictate hand washing in addition to the use of disposible gloves. One good reason for this is to keep the treated skin from picking up anything from the practitioner’s hands, and for keeping the practitioner from picking up anything from the client, as this would directly cause the next client to have that passed on by the practitioner.

The white spots you discribe sound like two things, over treated skin that is “poached” like an egg, and build up of fluid as the body’s immune system fights to expell any foriegn bodies from the skin.

Last, the fluid and crust you describe sounds like leaking plasma indicative of a weeping scar that will take a long time to heal if not treated correctly. I like Tea Tree Oil for treating weeping scars, but you should consult your doctor for advise in this area.

Although the reations you describe are not uncommon, they are not necessary, and unless adjustments in treatment protocols are changed, I would be looking to see who else in town I could audition for the job of being my personal electrologist.