Post Electrolysis Pain and Burn Marks

I’ve been having electrolysis done since late July of this year and have gone every 2 weeks for 30 hour each time (I’m just treating ab line trail and the hair is sparse). However, after some treatments I’m left with tenderness and pain even 1-2 days after the treatment. Sometimes during the treatment I feel the slight burning — but tolerable — sensation. Other times it’s super intense burning even though it’s the same intensity level as last time. Today after a particularly painful session I’m noticing a small, dark, burn line mark in various spots that were treated.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Is this evidence of poor skill and treatment?

Hi Roni,

You might find the summary of my experience as a client helpful:

1 Like

Roni,
Just a hunch.
You seem to be experiencing very variable treatment from the machine in terms of intensity if the radio frequency being emitted from the probe.You may not know this, but on your treatments did you happen to notice a bit of coloured plastic( green blue , yellow red or transparent) around he base of the probe?

Seana

Thank you for this insight! I’ve definitely starting researching other practioners and hope to find someone who can provide accurate results.

Hi Seana, I don’t think there’s a bit of colored plastic at the base of the probe. I recall the electrologist showing me the probe on a few occasions and can’t recall that feature you are mentioning.

Well the variable curent ( even with the settings the same) tends to be indicative of a short along the cable, or at the probe of the equipment they are using. The electrologists in this scenario sometimes learn to compenate partially by cranking up the current, which is the wrong approach, the correct one would be to start troubleshooting the equipment from the tip of the probe to the machine. Replace 2 piece probes with one piece, replace probeholder cords, and keep going to a machine service if the problem continues.
The coloured piece of plastic I was looking for would have been in keeping with protec probes, which unfortunately I’ve found to be a likely culprit in such issues, but by no means the only one.

Seana