Plucking feeling after electrolysis consultation

Hello!

Background: I have been going to electrolysis treatments for the past 5 months and have had 8 treatments on my chin and abdomen with electrologist (Kate). At the time I lived close enough to Kates studio to receive my treatments. I have been unhappy with my progress after the sessions and feel that hair has been growing in new places (cheeks, more spots on chin and neck than I began with despite the normal growth patterns). I recently moved and decided to receive a consultation from electrolysis (Anne) who is closer to the area that I am currently in.

Problem: During our session, I communicated to Anne that I felt the hairs being plucked out after the treatment. Anne, who has been practicing for going on 40 years assured me that as long as the follicle was removed, the treatment was effective. She even showed me the little hair that had a large bulb at the end. She continued to clear both my chin and abdomen and the plucking/ popping sensation was continual. I also felt that the treatment overall was less painful than treatments I’d received with Kate. I am also used to the hairs sliding out after treatment with Kate, there is hardly ever a plucking/ popping sensation. I assured her that my pain tolerance is high and that I could handle more heat. She responded that she already had it at a high heat and did not want to burn me.

I am wary of going back to Anne even though her prices are far more affordable than with Kate. I do feel that if I am going to be spending money, the treatments should be effective. I am also worried that after this treatment, the plucked hairs by Anne will stimulate even more hair growth which is increasingly affecting my quality of life as a 22 year old woman. Can someone please advise me of who I should continue with and if my worries are valid or not?

Thank you!

You should not feel plucking when hair is properly removed with electrolysis. During the process, the follicle is NOT “removed,” it is damaged to prevent future hair growth.

Oh geezzz. The hair should slide out with NO TRACTION, no pulling or plucking sensation. It’s good you spoke up.

Price charged has nothing to do with skill or lack of skill.

We disable follicles. We don’t remove follicles.

Do you have any other local talent you can check out?

Yes, thank you. I felt that something was off… I will continue to go to the studio further away from me from here on out. The drive is worth it if I can achieve permanent results.
To your knowledge, will my treatment with the plucking sensation cause adverse results (stimulation of other hair follicles/ extended treatment time)?

No, it will not cause stimulation of other hair follicles, but will extend your treatment time. It could also jus weaken the hair and cause ingrowns to ensue.