Please let me worship you AEA?

All those funny anecdotes about the singular figures in this field. One would feel like running away … in the opposite direction.

Harvey did a presentation on Ultralysis at a regional convention and the AEA shorted the credits those in attendance were told they would get for the lecture after the fact.

Yep. I always learned something from her!

I just got back from a melanoma symposium at Ohio State University. Our state association leader arranged for us to receive 7 hours of continuing education and it was wonderful! Several physician experts spoke, they kept to a good time schedule and all flowed easily. The Electrologist sitting next to me whispered in my ear that this was the best symposium ever because there was no yelling or contentious discussions that went on and on and on with no results in sight. I agreed!

Then it happened. After the speakers were finished, the meeting began and KABOOM! A heated discussion ensued about how to solve a certain problem, specific to our standards of practice in Ohio. I almost got up to pop some popcorn as I watched the action unfold. Instead, I found my See’s Gormet Lollipop at the bottom of my purse to soothe myself and all was well on the drive home.

So, this kind of stuff is not AEA specific. There are clashes / heavy discussions in almost every gathering of two or more people. Some have bigger problems than others, but eventually, either things even out at some point in time or they collapse altogether.