Please help!

I recently purchased a Berkowits 2200 S on ebay. I have heard that thermolysis can cause skin damage and I don’t know how risky it would be to try and do this on myself. Also, I am confused about the many different types of needles that are available. Which type of needles would be best for this type of machine and where would be the best place to purchase them. How difficult would it be for me to use this machine on my own without any prior experience. There weren’t any detailed instructions that came with it. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it. I am hoping I didn’t waste all my money and will be able to get some use out of this machine.
Thank you.

I recommend contacting the owner Barry Herman at Berkowits School of Electrolysis, 107-25 Metropolitan Ave., Forest Hills 11375

Telephone: 718 544-4234 or (800) 526-9334.

He’s very nice and may suggest a recommended probe.

Pro machines are more likely to injure you because they have more power to them. If you plan to do it on yourself, I recommend getting the textbook by Richards and Meharg:

http://tinyurl.com/ucpt

[ November 09, 2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

I second Andrea on that one. In addition to that book, you may want to get The Blend Method by Mike Bono because it explains galvanic, blend and thermolysis and has many good illustrations and charts. A great companion book to Meharg and Richards.

I know for a fact that the Berkowits School uses Ballet Probes on paying customers at the school, and many electrologists and clients out here will tell you that the Gold probes feel the best.

When you call Barry, you may also want to arrange for shipping of the machine back to him for a service call. electrology machines need to be recalibrated and the wiring checked out every now and then, and like a used car, you don’t know if or when it ever has had any maintenance.

Thank you for all of the information you have given me. I am not sure what condition the machine is in but when I turn it on, it makes a loud noise. Is this normal or does it mean that there is something wrong with it?

It could be just a tone to let you know it is on, or it could be a problem. As was stated earlier, you should have the machine visit its maker at Berkowits and get a check up. An electrolysis machine on the fritz is not a good thing to have inserted into your skin.