I have some questions regarding electrolysis. Here is my situation, after searching for a good electrologist (a near impossible feat), I finally found someone who is very thorough and willing to put in the time needed to clear the area. I am disgusted that I have spent over $12,000 for little results, until I found the new girl. I know she is not tweezing and I think I see results after a month of treatment. However, she uses very, very old equipment and she leaves me with horrible scabs (bright red, like a blood dot). Problem is they take from 3-4 weeks to go away with little marks remaining, I am very afraid. I went from hiding the area because of hair to hiding it more now because of the horrible scabs and marks. I know she needs to use a higher heat to kill the hair, but I do not want skin damage and I fear I am getting pitted and/or scarred. So here are my questions:
- How long until pitting shows up and what causes it? I am noticing little marks, after healing at each pore.
- How can I fade the pigmentation?
- Would someone using newer equipment be able to treat at the needed heat with no skin damage (hers is a dial and she puts it on 5.5)?
- Treatment has “broke my bank” with not much results, does waxing increase hair growth and cause a longer treatment time (unfortunately before starting treatment I waxed for awhile)?
- Is there anyone out there that uses newer equipment, is willing to do multiple hour appointments and tailor treatment to clear me, located anywhere in Ohio or Michigan or Ontario?
…I am so sorry this is long, but I feel so alone, I have nobody to talk to about this and it causes me great turmoil. I just fear that I could destroy my skin before finding someone good, and that would defeat the purpose. I am looking for someone in those areas that can work with medium to fine hair, be extremely thorough and get me clear without destroying my skin…I really think newer equipment is better on my skin, I once had treatment with an Apilus, I think that is how it is spelled, and my skin did much better, unfortunately the practioner was terrible and only tweezed. I also would like someone that can let me talk to individuals that are done and happy. I know how important that is from reading this site…PLEASE HELP ME, I FEEL SO ALONE AND UPSET, I WANT TO END THIS NIGHTMARE. Thanks for your responses.