Please help me, you guys!

I’m a 14 year old girl and I have unwanted facial hair on my upper lip, chin, and the sides of my face. It makes me feel really bad about myself and I can barely look people in the eye because I’m so self-concious about what I look like.

I avoid leaving the house as much as possible, but I can’t do that for long because school is coming back in in a week or so. I’m really scared and I need to find a solution to this before I go back, because I don’t want to start out the new school year with people making fun of me.

It’s really not fair that I have to go through this. It’s not as if it were my fault. And people who don’t have this problem say, “sure, it’s easy; just shave”, but it’s really not that simple. There are so many different options.

Also, I have a couple different skin conditions that I’m afraid waxing, shaving, tweezing, etc. might aggravate: teenage acne and hyper-keratosis pilaris (“KP”).

So since I have such sensitive skin I really want to find the best product possible; that’s why I came here. I hope you guys can help me.

I really hate being in this situation. I never asked to be pretty or popular, all I ask is that people stop making rude stares at me.I don’t think they realize how much it hurts me.

In today’s society, looks are valued far too much. I wish I could change that but I can’t. So I am forced to consider my options for hair removal.

Please help?

Even though it’s kind of embarassing, I suggest you talk to your mom about your concerns. She will probably have some suggestions, since she probably has the same issue!

If there are just a few, you might try cutting them with scissors. If there are a lot or they are thick and dark, you might be able to bleach them so they are close to your skin color.

A depilatory might be a good option, but like a bleach, you must follow the instructions exactly to avoid damaging your skin. Try it out on someplace with similar hair where others won’t see, in case it gives you a rash or burns.

No matter what you decide, you should check with your mom at the very least, and probably with a dermatologist if you want to play it safe. Give your special skin situation, it’s best to talk to a professional.

A lot of us know how tough it is to have unwanted hair at your age, but there are things you can do about it so you can get out there and have the kind of fun you want!

No, actually my mom doesn’t have that problem at all. She doesn’t even have to shave her legs, she’s so hairless! (she’s asian) I probably get it from my dad’s side of the family.

Thanks so much for the advice, though.