Please help me determine a good method!!

Hello!

I posted in this forum because there was no “general” forum, and I am considering home electrolysis (although I’m far from sure yet)

I am a 25 year old male with quite a bit of body hair. I am looking into electrolysis for my chest and arms.

Both my chest and arms have long, dark, wirey hairs. I am not looking to REMOVE them so much as thin them out…I realize that body hair is not so popular with men these days, and that may be part of my decision, but mostly I find it having such thick chest hair is uncomfortable for ME in intimate situations…I really can’t say I like how it feels…

However, I don’t wish to COMPLETELY remove it…I’m hoping that there is a way to make the hair grow back thinner and shorter…

I am considering electrolysis but I’m worried that it will work TOO well…
Is electrolysis an on/off kind of thing? If I use the lowest setting, can I damage the follicle without destroying it? These are important considerations for me…

I don’t mind going through painful methods as long as they last, and I don’t care about the time that it takes…I would prefer a home method for privacy reasons…I want to make sure I do it right though.

About me…my skin is light and my hairs are dark…I don’t have any allergies and my skin is not particularly sensitive…

Please advise!
Thank you

Yes, electrolysis could be performed in such a way as to provide damage to the follicle so that it only returns thinner and weaker, but the setting would have to be done just right. If the setting is a little high, permanent hair removal as usual will be the result. If the setting is too low, thickening of the hair, and/or stimulation of new hairs could result.