Please help make sense of electrolysis machines!

I’m about to start looking for an electrologist, and would like to find one with a good machine. Yes, skill is more important than equipment, but I’m hoping to find somebody with both:)
There is so much good information here on forum, and I’m very very confused:)
I’m going to do lip and chin, and my main concern is skin damage and possibility of scaring. I’d like a machine that would be least damaging, while skill killing the hair.
Later on I might do whole body:) (when i’m rich, haha)
What method would be best for me? I keep reading good things about pico flash, should I find an electrologist that does it?
Thanks!

“I would like to fly to Boston next week, but I’d like to be sure that the pilot was properly trained and knows how to fly an airplane, and also that the airliner itself is properly designed because I don’t want to CRASH!”

So, is “crashing” the first thing you think of when you decide to take a trip by air? Yeah, the thought is in the back of your mind, but crashing is a very remote possibility.

With electrolysis (especially on the lip), I see that “electrolysis and SCARS” are immediately thought of as the first and only concern. WAY too many patients are unnecessarily fearful of SCARS. (Actually scars caused by electrolysis are probably more rare than plane crashes.)

Patients will see a tiny bump or a red mark and they immediately think SCAR! I had a “new” 76-year-old patient come in last week. She was “over the top” fearful of getting SCARS on her upper lip. Frankly, she had very weathered, leathery, pigmented and wrinkled skin and there couldn’t possibly be “more damage.” I recommended that she continue tweezing.

Whether you fly a Boeing or an Airbus, designers know how to design aircraft these days … you don’t have to get a text on aerodynamics to be sure the thing will stay “up.” Same thing with electrolysis machines … they all work. “State of the art” electronics? Well, yes … these are the only components that can be purchased anyway!

Facial work is the first and foremost function of all electrologists. They (we) are not in the business of giving you SCARS! Indeed, we talk about post-op difficulties here on Hairtell and that gives the reader the impression that these events are commonplace. They’re NOT!

I have been doing electrolysis for nearly 40 years and seen a lot of patients (mine and others), I think I might have seen TWO “electrolysis scars” in my entire career … and those were microscopic.

So, as Dr. Feldman says, “Stop Kvetching!” Chill out and get the hair off. Of course, you could purchase a whole bunch of books on electrolysis, but let me assure you: this will cause you MORE confusion!

Michael, I actually had elecrolysis done before, and a got couple of small marks left on upper lip, plus I was pretty scabbed and couldn’t show up my face outside for almost a week after each session.
Here is my thread with a couple of pics
Crossing fingers hoping that these will heal, but I feel very hesitant about coming back to that same electrologist.