Pitting caused by electrolysis

Hello everyone,

I’m 22 and been going through electrolysis treatments on my cheeks, chin and neck area 2 times a months since february? I’m guessing.
It’s been working very well and i’m finally seeing results (hairless patches of skin) which im really happy about. I used to have really dark and “hard” hairs, they are now pretty much invisble and thin or just gone.
I’ve never had issues with scarring, I did have small scabs which removed themselves when I showered my face or applied healing cream.
The only issue I had was that my chin area was ettinf very swollen but that’s it.
I recently noticed I have some pitting marks on both sides of my chin though, I couldnt tell before bcus they look like hyperpigmentation scars.
Is this going to be permanent? They looks like mini stretches marks, it’s making me self conscious even though I’d rather have scars over facial hair.
How can I get rid of those or reduce damage?
Thankfully, my chin area is almost cleared from the hair. There are only fine hair left.
I will provide pictures if needed

Need to see good quality pre-electrolysis photos and photos of your skin now. It is hard to comment without this information.

This is now, 1 week after electrolysis. I noticed the the dark spots maybe 1-2 month ago. I’m only finding out it’s called pitting.

This is a pic of my chin 1 year ago when I was getting sugar waxed (I had lot of hairs but removed them temporarily) No sign of marks

Another clearer pic

Did a professional do your electrolysis?

i get it done in a sort of beauty parlor specialized in lazer and electrolysis. The two woman there are young and studied electrolysis i’m guessing there is some sort of professionalism.
One of the two woman might have overdone the procedure on my chin area.
I know that one of the two used to zap many hairs at the same times and I told her to reduce it since it hurted and another doesn’t properly remove the hair away (i dont hear zaps and can feel a pulling sensation when the hair is removed w tweezer)
How can i prevent pitting damage in other areas?

You would prevent pitting in other areas by not going to that particular electrologist for treatment… I’m sorry to say that yes, that is significant pitting showing sub-par work. Your electrologist should be ashamed of this result and should be burdening the cost of any dermatologists corrective treatments.

2 Likes

im so sad this is happening :pleading_face:
I live in a small city France so idk any other electrologist. I need to check…
How to know if its a good one?
Because mine didnt hurt or scar me badly despite th pitting

Can Microneedling fix this btw?

Did you not see severe scabbing and other skin reactions after every treatment? Results like these don’t just happen without any noticeable reaction.

I think that you’ll see improvement over time without further treatment in that area. Microneedling would definitely help, but I’m not sure what degree of results can be guaranteed. Dermatologists recommend getting it done professionally, which is ideal but also expensive. They will also be able to recommend other options.

A well trained, experienced electrologist would not do this to you. France does not seem to have a good set up for professional electrolysis care, which is surprising in country full of hairy people.

Hello, thanks for the reply…
I had some medium sized scabs nothing alarming.
I did used makeup on top of them which might have caused the scars to appear since the scabs get removed from anything oily or when you touch them…I was warned about not using any creams or cosmetic but didnt listened and im stuck with these scars…
The chin area was always over treated because my hairs were so dark, hard and very close together. I always asked them to remove as much as they can.
I will finish my treatment and will wait for the holes to dissapear…but they look very scarred