Pitanga / Elos system - need advice

I’m a 22 year old female with medium skin and medium colored hair that is fine. I’m looking into laser hair removal for my upper lip. The prices I’ve been quoted are $99 (Canadian) per treatment (or $399 for 5).

Can anyone give me advice on the following information about the Pitanga system using elos technology? Should I go for it?

(info from: http://www.syneron.com/pitanga.html))

The Power of elos Technology. Two Energies are Better than One
The Pitanga™ system with elos™ combined energy technology uses Bi-Polar Radio Frequency and Broad Spectrum Light energies — delivering focused and predictable performance with lower light levels (up to 60% less) that assure high patient comfort. Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, estheticians and physicians worldwide count on Syneron for superior results.

Pitanga System Specifications:

RF Energy:
5-25J/cm3

Light fluence:
DS, SR
Up to 45J/cm2

Spectrum:
DS 680-980nm
SR 580-980nm

Cooling:
5°C on skin surface

Skin impedance control:

Treated area:
12 x 25mm

Pulse repetition rate:
0.7 Hz

Platform weight:
55 lbs (25kg)

Platform size:
35.5" x 15" x 15"
(90 x 38 x 38 cm)

I would get a test spot to see how well it works. I had my arms done with a similar product, the Aurora. It did work, but I find the Nd:YAG laser to be more effective for me on my dark hair and skin. I maxed out the available fluences on

The Comet may work better for you since it has higher RF and optical fluences, which may be necessary for your hair. But the Comet does not appear to be in widespread use yet.

Since you would be doing a small area and your hair is medium color and fine, electrolysis may be a better option for you.

RJC2001