Pinpoint scabs

Hello,
I am about to start electrolysis after many failed attempts of other removal methods. I am so embarrassed about this and scared that someone will find out. I tried electrolysis many years ago and ended up with little scabs all over my face. I have very dense facial hair frown I want to get rid of this problem, but how can I cover these scabs so that people don’t ask me what is wrong with my face. I don’t want to be house bound and I don’t want to have to hide from my boyfriend/friends until it heals. How do I cover it up???

Thanks

Scabbing on the face is not typical. As recomened by this forum, sample a few for short treatments. You will be able to check skin reactions, and healing times ,and find someone you feel comfortable with. It is unlikely you will have any scabbing at all, particularly on the oilier T zone areas.

Thank you. It’s hard because I thought that was normal. Most websites for electrologists in the US say that “The next day you may have some tenderness in the area or you could have a few whiteheads or pin point scabs that may form… The tiny pin point scabs that may occur are a natural response by the body and should be left alone to heal.”

An experienced competent electrologist, will be unlikely to cause any scabbing on the face, because their insertions and current application is more precise, unless they are using the galvanic method, in which case scabbing is normal. Scabbing on body areas is completely normal, with all modalities. Which mehod did you have previously?

I’m not sure what modality was used, as I didn’t know until now that there were different methods. So if I may ask, why would scabbing be normal on the body (regardless of the modalities) but not on the face? Sorry for my lack of understanding, but I would think the skin on the face would be more sensitive.

The skin on the body has far fewer oil glands, especially the extremeties, and for this reason is slower to heal. Facial skin, being oilier, has a far greater ability to recover quickly.

ok, thanks