Photofacials and Photo rejuvenation

As of late, I have been seeing the terms “photofacials” and “photo rejuventation”. I believe that these treatments are performed using lasers. I am interested to know what type(s) of laser are used to perform these treatments. Additionally,has anyone on this forum undergone either or one of these treatments. If so, what have your results been?

One of my clients had a great experience with an IPL for facial rejuvenation. I couldn’t perceive much of a difference, but ai saw her weeks later.

If you go to www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com, you may get more of a response, that is if the moderators haven’t burned out yet answering questions.

Dee

Photofacials or Photo Rejuvenation are common terms used to describe IPL - Intense Pulse Light treatments. While IPL is not a true laser, it is in fact a concentrated pulse of light, it is very effective for removing sun damage, hyperpigmentation related to hormones, and generally evening the skin tone. There are other positive “side effects” of IPL treatments, such as stimulating collagen and elastin, and tempory removal of hair.

Do you know anything about the device called The Reliant Fraxel™ SR Laser. One of my clients had a treatment about three weeks ago and I just saw her yesterday for facial electrolysis and I was amazed at how bright and clear her skin looked. She had some hyperpig and hypopig from past laser treatments. The hypopig is still present on the upper neck below the left ear, but all in all I thought the results looked pretty good, especially on her neck where there were color variations. She also had some brown spot treated on her arms.

Dee, I’ve never done Fraxel…but I have observed a treatment that was fantastic! It’s like IPL X 10! LOL

When a patient has hypopig, that’s the worst. The best you can hope for is to lighten the hyperpig enough that the Hypo won’t be as noticable.

Thanks for the information MWalker. Please offer whatever you can for our laser consumers.

I’ll give the physician a plug where my client got her Fraxel done as she was quite pleased with the outcome, but more so, she especially liked the doctor. He took time with her (good bedside manner) and she felt his prices were fair, unlike another doctor she had been to who had no bedside manners, who overcharged her.

Here is his website. He’s located in Cincinnati, Ohio:

Do these types of treatment have the same risk of inducing facial hair growth as laser hair removal?

Sorry, I don’t know.