Photoderma

I posted something on this company and website a few months ago. But then I recently checked the website and the have uploaded a picture of their product and when they expect it to be available for home use. I was wondering if anyone has heard about this product? whether or not it will be available in the U.S.? and if they have any information or history with this product? I know there has been alot of new research with photodynamic therapy and the use of a topical application.

Thanks
http://www.photoderma.com/

Sounds interesting. I wonder if it is anything like the No!No! http://www.my-no-no.com/index.html…I haven’t heard any news about wheather or not it works.

I think it is a little different because the main product is the topical cream which is then used in conjuction with the light. On the no-no there is not topical cream. My question is if this topical cream is promising. I know someone has posted something about a canadian company that is currently doing clinic studies on a topical cream used with light (photdynamic therapy). Hopefully they are able to come out with something that can be done at home and is practical for us users. I do feel that the recent buzz in the hair removal market is getting people interested and advances in medicine will be a product that shows better results then current methods and is easy and practical to use.

whats the latest news on this company?

Not much unfortunately. I tried writing them a few months back and never got a response. Maybe someone else on here has had better luck but they probably would have posted it.

Hi guys,

I think I have been very active the last weeks on this forum. Today I have not so good news for you (and especially for myself). I took heart this morning and made a phone call to Switzerland.
I spoke with the CEO of Photoderma himself and I asked him about their product (release, ways of distribution) and the update of their homepage.

Simple and short answer: The homepage hasn’t been updated for quite a long time becasue they won’t start selling their product this year due to some delays. :cry: :mad:
But the project isn’t burried, only postponed.

That’s all he said.

I want to add two thoughts:

On the hand he sounded very honest to me which made me believe him.

On the other hand it could be possible that they don’t want to reveal any info because of competiton issues and stuff.

Not my day today…

Well, not entirely bad news. From the looks of their website, I don’t believe their product was going to be permanent.

What does everyone else think about it? How likely is it really that it would work?

I don’t think its bad news at all, the longer the wait better the product would be. I dont want to use a product thats not been tested correctly or long enough to see how well it works. I mean I’ve been hairy my whole life, another year or 2 wont hurt me…eh

A lot is happening these days…

www.photoderma.com

I’m a bit dissappointed, they are just about starting clinical trials. But better than nothing.

@JME1: I think I am first again :grin:

I don’t know if this has alreasy been a topic on this forum,
it’s about sophisticated laser devices

Photoderma sounds similar to what Quest is doing (using a light activated dye). From reading their site, it seems they are working on something that will just inhibit growth, not kill the follicle. Unless it’s too early for them to say otherwise.