Philips Satin Ice Epilator -- $19.98 + $2.95 s/h @ Overstock

I’ve been wanting to try this device or one similar for awhile and finally found a good price.

Overstock.com is an online store that buys lots of overstocked items when companies are reducing their inventory (either because a product didn’t sell well or a new model is replacing it for example). Sometimes the prices are not good, sometimes they are great. One thing to keep in mind is that prices can fluctuate and items do go out of stock at any time. When out of stock, they don’t come back.

I’m not affiliated with them in any way beyond being a satisfied customer.

Philips Satin Ice Epilator

Shipping is a flat $2.95 no matter how much you order (except big, heavy items).

If you order one, I’d suggest checking out their DVD selection if you like movies. Some suggestions:

The Talented Mr. Ripley - $9.99 (Sequel coming soon)
Cast Away - $10.99 (Tom Hanks)
The Doors - $6.99 (Val Kilmer)
Inventing the Abbotts - $6.89 (All star cast, but I haven’t seen it)

These are also selling on eBay lately, lots of them. You may get a better price there while the auctions are flooded, but most seem to be going for more than Overstock when you consider shipping charges.

I am making no claim about the quality or effectiveness of this device. I’ve never used one, but thought $23 was a good deal to try it out.

[ January 06, 2003, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Wookie ]

Wookie, you rock. Thanks for the report! :relaxed:

Good tip on getting the Philips Satin Ice at a great price. I am thinking of getting one of these. How has it worked for you.

Wookie, thank you so much for the info! I just tried my Satin-Ice for the first time today. There’s no pain, only a slight pinching/tickling feeling perhaps, but I’m very pleased! Specially knowing that my friend had to pay about $200 for hers (granted, her epilator was from Japan).

One question though: the instruction manual says to use it only on the legs, but I wonder if it could be used also for the underarms. When I tried tweezing them manually, some pores would bleed.

Thanks again!

[ February 01, 2003, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Diotima ]

Using an epilator on the underarms can be difficult, which is why the manufacturers do not recommend it. Many people have rougher skin in the underarms, which can get caught. It’s also important that the area is completely dry if you epilate there, and you must stretch the skin very tightly to avoid it getting caught in the epilator. Doing the underarms is a lot more painful than the legs, but for some, it’s a good option. You should consider shaving, and using the epilator to get hairs as they come back in to keep pain and redness to a minimum, and be sure to exfoliate between sessions.

I just got one today and I’ve got to say how amazing that thing is! It did hurt, but I didn’t use the ice part of it with it yet.

Great news, jlucy! PLease keep us posted on your experiences!

Thank you! I saw the same product at Target for $60-70, so I’m really grateful for you posting this. I ordered it yesterday so it should arrive after I get back from my vacation this week. I wish I had seen it sooner so I could have tried it out for my trip. Wish me luck! :smile: