personal intro

Hello everybody,

I’m a 24 year old male who has suffered from excess body hair since I was about 12 years old. I’m basically covered head to toe with long thick dark hair. Developing this issue at such an early age has lead to some adverse psychological effects as I developed a pretty bad inferiority complex when I was younger. Today I’ve learned to cope with things better but still have very low self esteem because of it. The thing is that I’m actually a good looking guy and do well with women, but I believe this problem has prevented me from being in a serious relationship. I fear that if a girl found out the extent of how hairy I am (I attempt to conceal it in an almost obsessive manner) They will be turned off by it or turned off by how insecure I am about it and my body. currently I epilate my back, shoulders, feet and hands, and trim my legs, arms, chest and abdomen. I’m thinking about getting some laser hair removal done soon. The thing is I wouldn’t mind having body hair, even being on the harrier side, I just want to have a reasonable amount of hair. I know Laser won’t eliminate hair completely but even a significant reduction would be great. I’m just afraid of spending the money on it after hearing so many stories in which laser hair removal didn’t work at all. Anyways just wanted to get this off my chest and if anyone has any suggestions or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello omarcd and welcome to HairTell.
Well done for braving it and asking for advice at the right place.
I have been doing both laser (Diode and NdYag) and electrolysis for more than 10 years and if I were you I would research laser clinics in your area and go around for consultations and test patches at the top 3 clinics. Ask for at least 5cm x 5 cm test patch in every area on a representative patch and leave for a few months to see what will happen. Keep a diary of which test patch was at which clinic on what type of laser to help you decide. Notice hygiene and certification in different clinics to help you build your trust. Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you feel you need to. Laser may be easier for you to do as it is quick, it will only require a few hours every couple of months. Alternatively, if you have a really good electrologist around you, they can thin down your hair very skillfully. It is more time-consuming, but lower risk treatment. Whatever you choose to do, Good luck!