Orange peel skin or permanent pitting? Or something else

Hi. I have been having electrolysis for 30 - 45 min weekly the last year. I sometimes get som scabs, but I am very carefull not the disturb the scabs and their healing. I have starting to notise this skin teksture the last months. (I´ve been hiding behind a scarf during the winter) My question is, is this the orange peel skin I´we been reading about in this form? From what I understand this can heal over time. or is it the much dreaded pitting, that will probably not heal, or is it something else? Will this ever get better or is it permanent?

Are you feeling resistance when the hairs are removed post treatment?Are you feeling any plucking?

Thank you for your response. I am not sure if resistance is the right word, but I can sometimes feel that the hairs slide out. But it does not feel like plucking. It feels like they’re slipping out easily.

Why do you ask? Will it affect whether these injuries will improve or not? I went to see a different electrologist. She said that I have been severely burned, and that this is scarring. She said these will not fade away by themselves, though I could expect some improvement over time. Does anyone else have experience with a similar kind of burn, and what kind of improvement is realistic to hope for?

I totally agree with the Electrologist. This is skin damage from over treatment. Electrolysis should be done with minimal to no scabbing especially on the face. Will it improve, probably not. I am really sorry this happened to you but this is an example of a poorly trained Electrologist who doesn’t understand how to read the skin and adjust their settings.

Thank you for your response. Is it safe for me to continue my electrolysis journey with this new electrologist, or should my skin be given more time to heal? I really regret that I did not see someone else sooner, but I did not notice this texture before it was too late. My new therapist worked on a little patch for ten minutes, and straight away I understood how wrongly I was treated before. No scabs, no swelling, just a little redness that was gone the next day. She also told me I could consider dermapen treatment when the electrolysis was done. Is there hope to smooth the skin out a bit?