opinion on Clareblend machine and users

I have been to three electrologist offices and they each use clareblend Ultrablend. The machine doesn’t look computerized, is it? What are the benefits? I’ve recently started two-timing my electrologist and I’m thinking about switching.

My regular electrologist uses the Clareblend/autoblend/ultrablend with the clareblend setting. When she did some hairs on my upper pecs I felt pain and muscle contractions all around the area and my chest, when she does my neck my face contorts! My back can look scabby for a couple weeks afterwards and I have red spots and brown spots which aren’t disappearing fast. The current meter on the machine is flying back and forth because I think she isn’t making good contact with the probe and that is no fun to feel it pulsing on and off. There is a welt like a mosquito bite with a light center and pink ring after she is done. I scab often. I swear I smelled burning hair once, is that normal? She spends average of 4 seconds per hair.

The other electrologist is fast, spends about 1 second per hair and does blend, but is this effective? She uses a slightly smaller machine that is just called a clareblend ultrablend. There is a small red dot afterwards that is gone in a day or two and a lot less pain. There is a pulling sensation on the hair when she works and I asked her about it. She says the hairs are sliding out. Maybe she is coaxing them more than the other electrologist, I never feel the hair come out typically.

I think I am going to switch, but I wonder is this hair going to come back because of the different treatment.

[ August 28, 2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: snaffle ]

Never should you feel anything being tweezed. I it is tweezed the hair will grow back. Tweeze one and see if it feels the same as what she is doing. Epilation should not be felt. And, never should one smell hair burning. It just does not happen with electolysis. The blend takes time to work. I use 6 seconds as my minimum for blend. Yes, it is longer but I feel the treatment quite effective with no scabing. Yes,it could look like a bug bite for a short time. I have refused to continue to treat patients when I figure out they are seeing another electrologist. My insurance covers my work and I am not going to be responsible for what others do. You are not doing yourself justice by seeing two electrologists at the same time.

I understand the liability issues, guess I will have to be up front about it. I went two times to see if there is much difference. I’m surprised by the variability in techniques used, both are R.E.'s.

There isn’t a plucking sensation except very rarely. It felt a little gentler than tweezing. She is applying a steady pull to the hair with tweezers while zapping and that seems to make it come out faster. Still I felt it coming out.

I think I am going to try to find a place that has computerized machines and maybe get a test patch. Any advice on the best machines to use?

It sounds like the second electrologist is using a two handed technique where she is holding the hair as she treats it, and so it pops out as soon as the “anchor” of the epithilium dissolves. It is like comparing apples to oranges to compare the feeling of one handed technique to two handed technique.

As long as you don’t plan on filing any law suits against anyone, you don’t need to worry about seeing two electrologists, nor telling one about the other. Whose insurance has to pay only counts if someone sues for malpractice.

If one of your practitioners is doing blend at 4 seconds it is a high energy treatment. The display needle you see fluctuating is probably the one showing the bursts of thermolysis. This is normal.

Finally, if you are seeing needles bouncing up and down to show the treatment energy, neither has a comuterized machine. Those typically have digital readouts. As you can see, two people utilizing the same machines can create wildly different results.

That sounds like a good description. The first electrologist waits a few seconds before pulling on the hair and the second electrologist grabs the hair before insertion. I think the pulling actually helps her insert the probe better. My first electrologist has broken through the pore a few times OUCH.

And the needle flying around was on the electrolysis meter not the thermolysis meter. I could feel the current flowing through me, probably like at San Quentin :fearful:

my electrologyst also uses clareblend machine which does both thermolosis,blend types

she used thermolosys setting
unfortunetly i got bad results
i got about 50-60 brown dots on my treated area ie,upperlip
i don’t know when they will go

Also i can fell hair growing back when i rub that place

it defeated the whole purpose of going for electrolysis