One week after Aurora

Seven days after having my back treated with an Aurora laser, I have experienced virtually not discomfort… but…

The hairs that were lasered are “growing out” and feel fairly firmly rooted. Can someone please explain to me the process by which a folicle that has been destroyed can “grow a hair out?”

TIA

The answer is no. Although there are quite nice ideas about how ELOS technology might work, there are not yet peer reviewed articles (wait till December).

I can tell you that the results short term are very different from laser or IPL.

There is no massive shedding at 2 weeks with that lovely hair free interval that everyone loves and craves. What you get (unless the hair is very coarse) is a very slow graduated reduction occuring weeks 3-4. There is no hair free interval. Whether that translates to better long term hair reduction we will have to wait and see.

I know that some very bright contributors to the board are optimistic that this technology will win through. Quality control may let this nascent technology down.

Be a little more patient. The patch test I had done on my stomach with the Aurora ( an area previously treated with laser and electrology) did not “shed” until about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Until then it was firmly rooted, and due to the lack of pain and trauma of the treatment I was also worried that nothing had been accomplished. That patch test was 5 months ago and there is still a dramatic hair reduction in that area (40-50%).
I’m not seeing as great a reducion on my full beard (I was never expecting resuts of that magnatude in the first place), which I have had treated twice. I would say that cheeks and neck have been reduced by 50% and about 40-45% for the chin and upper lip. The one treatment I had on my face with a Diode about 3 years ago was so painful and ineffective, that I didn’t even consider having my beard reduced until I heard about the Aurora. Electrology on my face was out of the question. The “shedding” that occured on my beard was like Derm1 described, with a sort of dissapearance of hair between the 3 and 4 week time frame. My next treatment on my beard will be in about a month. Please keep posting about your treatments, and if you don’t see any reduction after this first treatment (Wait at least another 2 weeks before you calculate you hair loss), go to a different practitioner. In the right hands I believe this machine to be very, very effective.

Thanks for the info Redhead.

I think I chose a good practitioner. He is a physician who is well experienced with the Aurora and was willing to push the fluence and rf to the max he thought I could tolerate without burning. The evidence is that he did that well as I had just one or two patches of irritation that lasted two days while the rest of the treated area was fine within five to seven hours. I don’t recall exactly which was which, but the numbers were 20 and 24. I think the fluence was 20 and the RF 24, but I could have it backwards.

doodle

Hi Doodle,

The RF was 20 and the short pulse light 24J - very standard settings - the max short pulse light would have been 30J/cm2.

The RF will soon get clearance for 25J.

I was treated at 20 RF and 28J optical with very good results. The results I achieved on my arms were slightly better than with the Lightsheer.

RJC2001

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by doodle:
<strong>Can someone please explain to me the process by which a folicle that has been destroyed can “grow a hair out?”

TIA</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>its growingout even though theyve been killed off because its stuck in the epidermis and as the epidermis is renewing, the hair is ocming out with it, so keep exfoliating with a loofah scrub to speed up the progress… man, im starting to sound like a laser technician ! :wink:

andalso, is it true that AURORA is better for finer hairs?

[ November 18, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: LadyPersia ]