I recently altered mine to accommodate a foot “switch”.
This proved to be an EXCELLENT and eminently practical modification.
I used approximately 5’ of aircraft grade PTFE jacketed 22 gauge wire, from the circuit board to the switch.
I modified the probe to eliminate the original wiring.
I removed the circuit connection to the ‘band switch’ and rewired the probe, using approximately 2.5’ of aircraft grade PTFE jacketed 24 gauge wire.
These have proven to be very successful modifications. I have ordered a backup ‘One Touch’ unit, but I do like the idea of making my own unit.
At this juncture, speed and efficiency is quite satisfactory, but the chin hairs are proving to be problematic.
There is a bit of a problem in that many of the facial hairs are now white, which is presenting a visibility problem, but it’s likely that a set of reading glasses will effectively deal with this issue.
I am removing the dark colored hairs first, for several reasons.
I have no complaints, at this point. I just cannot spend money on professional electro, when I MUST be accruing the necessary funds for my eventual SRS and FFS.
A girl’s got to do, what a girl has got to do.