One Touch hair removal -Some technical insights

I got my one touch a while ago and have been working on the entire face. Here are my insights after having done around 200 hairs. One touch works best after it is modified. Without soldering, I wrap a piece of wire around the metal finger tip connector and secure it with tape. The rest of the metal ring exposed is taped over to avoid accidential contact. The length of the wire is insulated with tape and the other end comes into contact with a sponge sitting on a plastic plate in a puddle of salty solution on my left hand side. I forgo using the sponge as a pedal because it was too messy and the additional length to make it reach the floor raises the resistance causing the unit to be less
powerful.

TEST YOUR SETTING
Get a light weight tweezer and fasten the tips with a rubber band. Grab a hair and let tweezer dangle. Start at lowest setting and step up if required. Use an alarm clock with ticking sound. Time yourself by counting clicks while pulling the hair once every 2 seconds. Usually gravity
exerting on tweezer will do the work causing the hair to fall out when killed. However, the connective tissues above the destroyed root usually still cling on and can giVe you a misleading tagging sensation which can lead to over-treatment if you persist further. Unfortunately, water and salt content of body isnt the same every day. Better result is attained if I hydrate with sport drink, exercise and shower a little before hand. Sometimes, I dip the needle in salty solution to keep persistent moisture. Re-testing and calibration for minutes are required everytime so that I tend to sit for 2 to 3 hours per session to benefit from having found an optimal setting for best results.

SILENCE THE BEEPER
I find the beeper very high pitched and suspect it sounds too much like an unanswered carbon monoxide detector to my neighbour’s ears.To silence the beeper, I wrap several layers of towel around it and put it inside a zipper bag. Everytime I want electrical current, I just touch the sponge.

INSERTING THE NEEDLE
I am right handed, I find it easier to insert by stretching and pressing the skin down while the hair being treated is lifted up, flipped over and held down with the left hand then insert ,with right hand, the first millimeter into the follicle and twirl a little to ensure needle is in. While the left hand is still, insert a little at a time in circular motion gently with right hand. Now ,release the left hand while the right hand is pressing the needle close against the skull and prepare yourself for sudden shock while right hand is exerting. Touch the sponge
with left hand to start. Always wipe finger after each dip before touching face again. Cleanse face with alcohol wipe to remove excess lye and hanging skin before next insertion.

DEALING WITH PAIN
The sponge and puddle system works by introducing pain incrementally. Sponge is touched first to let my skin get used to the pain for the first 10 seconds then I dip into the puddle for more current (pain). I find pain to be a function of saltiness ( 3 parts water to 1 part salt
)and how many fingers are used to generate the current. My decision is usually based on target time of treatment. I am able to finish a hair in 35 to 45 seconds by using 2 fingers on sponge and 1 in the puddle. If I must use both hands to hold the skin and the needle in place, elbow is used to induce electrolysis.

TREAT FINE HAIR ONLY
Having had my share of scabbing, I realize that it is counterproductive and time consuming (up to 3 minutes / hair set on 10) to treat thick and terminal hair. Just pluck it and let it grow back fine. Effectively, finer hair takes me less than 40 seconds without even redness.
Before plucking, I was unable to retreat stubborn hair because of the damage of the area so done. All I did to stubborn hair was to cut it short and observe if it would continue growth after a few days. With finer hair, I could rework the same spot right away with no down time.

HEALING
I scar easily so I take supplements to keep inflammatory response down. Omega 3, turmeric, Zyflamend formula,green tea, flaxseed oil. Avoid egg and some species of fish which cause arachicdonic cascade. On the face, I apply copper peptide, aloe entire time. If you are a guy and dont wear makeup and must see people, there is a oxy acne cream with concealing effect. Apply it to camouflage.

SALVAGING BENT NEEDLE
I reuse my bent needle. Just cut off the unusable portion and use it without the needle guide casing. Find a biro pen and cut off unstained portion of the ink tube that will be improvised as needle guide then insert over the needle as casing leaving 1 cm exposed, secure with tape. Sanitize with rubbing alcohol. I tried inserting without guide before with no success. The guide keeps flimsy needle from swaying at wide angle and makes insertion a breeze.

MOTIVATION
There are 2 techniques I use to help me mentally through. The first one is called chunking. I apply adhersive tape and isolate a spot to be treated. This chunks my face down one spot at a time per treatment session and makes the job appears more attainable. The second one is zoning which is a continuation of chunking. After a chunk is taken out, you are left with a hairfree zone. Think of zone as territory you have already conquered.

Everyone’s experience is different, my insights serve as reference only.

great insights. thanks!

I may try your modification…

Tif
Great insightful information.

I have been using the One touch for over a year,I have almost cleared all my facial hair problem,it was a little worse than Savanna’s,I used it for fine and very thick deep rooted hair,the deep rooted ones are very hard to remove, I have to have it on number 10 for 60 sec,even this does not remove it on the first go or even the third go,thankfully I have only about 20 hairs like this left to remove.When I first started this life changing task I would spend about three hours a day on it,my face was very very badly swollen and I had many scabs.

Do you use a HUMIDIFIER?

Lye dissolves hair, skin, nails etc., therefore, you can not tell whether you dissolved the hair mid-follicle (useless) or if you dissolved the papilla. You will have to wait and see. The cyclic growth of hair takes a lot longer than you think (about 22 weeks from the time it takes to reach the surface again). Patients who were waxed see new hair growing in about 2 weeks but they wait untill a lot more has grown in before getting another treatment in order to save money. The reason for this is hairs that are only 1/8" or less were not removed when they had the wax job because they were not long enough to make an adequate“adherance” to the wax. Other hairs were below the surface only to surface in a short time. We have as many follicles on us as a gorilla and they were there at birth. They had not started growing hair as yet but they were there. This is obvious as hair grows on the arms, legs, face, breasts, ande pubic areas as we mature. The amount that grows is based on genetics, hormones, medication, and medical problems the patient has.