? on bum waxed better know as the Moon Shine

:crazy: I decided to get my bum waxed and never did this before it hurt a bit my eyes were watery and I was sweating butt :eek: I pulled through it. My question is will waxing this area cause more hair to grow?? The lady who waxed me said she doesn’t see this happening that it should be lighter and eventually finer. I love to hear from people who do this on a regular basis and love it or hate it as well as get tips on how to deal with all the great stuff that come with waxing. I’m not sure if I’ll be doing this or going in to LASER but I like as much info that those who do this on a REGULAR BASIS have to offer would be so helpful!!

I’m looking to do my legs and bikini area. Maybe get like the French or Brazilian never the less the cost to both legs and the bikini is $75 and if you want the French it’s $20 more and if you want the Brazilian it’s $30 more this is costly but the $75 for both full legs and bikini is not bad. I had this done a long time so it’s like I would be considered a newbie at this. Any advice??

Also I do have some red bumps in a small area that she waxed and I really would like to know what to use to stop bumps from forming and get rid of them once you have them. I would like to find products that aren’t to expensive and not a crazy concoction that involves buying many items in order to create it. I’m looking for effective products that really work and that are hassle free. I would be most grateful for your input!!

:blush: Thanks, Harrygal

Best commercial for electrolysis ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LvKg5aCG0&feature=player_embedded

Waxing ladies always repeat that old wives’ tale that waxing makes the hair grow in less and more fine. It’s not true. It will either do nothing or it will make the hair stronger and more coarse. Waxing doesn’t kill hair.

Laser would only work if you have coarse dense grwoth. Most women don’t on this area. Electrolysis is usually the only option.

Well thanks for the visual Michael butt it wasn’t by any means that bad for sure!! And thanks LAgirl for confirming that once again LASER and ELECTROLYSIS are THE BEST and ONLY WAY TO GO when it comes to hair removal, I get it, but thanks for the input!! But what I would really like at this time is to hear from some others out there who don’t have a one sided view that they may be on when it comes to hair removal.

Your entitled to what you feel is best and those methods may be the best ways but not everyone can go that way or has the means at this time to go that way. So if there are others out there who choose WAXING as their method and I’m sure there are others out there that WAX. Then I’m sure they have the best input when it comes to topics like this one.

I need help from those out there who WAX on a REGULAR BASIS that may have some good advice on what to use and what to expect and what to do and what not to do. And if your someone who does not do this on a REGULAR BASIS and you do other methods of hair removal instead then this really won’t pertain to you. I’m sure that in the future I may have questions and would love some advice on LASER or ELECTROLYSIS then those people who are knowledgeable should be a great help but for right now I just need to hear from those who CHOOSE WAXING as their way of hair removal as far as advice. I really appreciate the input thanks!!

Thanks again, Harrygal

I have waxed and shaved my private parts for years. Full Brazilian every single time. I was told that waxing would eventually cause the hair to stop growing and/or thin it out. Neither happened in the decade or so that I was waxing or shaving. If I waxed, I would be completely hair free for about a week, the the hair would grow back as though the treatment never happened. I would then shave for the next 2 weeks as it was not feasible to get waxed every two weeks. I would wait another week with no shaving, then go get a wax. Average cost was $65 plus tip every month for 10 years. Almost $10,000 and there was no change to the way the hair grew.

I have never waxed my legs. I did my underarms a couple of times and that hurt (I thought it hurt more than the Brazilian wax did). I have waxed my brows on and off over the years. I have also tried using creams to remove the hair. Other than Nair on my legs, I have never had anything work as the chemicals in the creams caused my enough pain that I removed it before it has a chance to work.

Waxing and shaving did not change my hair growth at all but I have had and still get ingrown hairs because of shaving and waxing. I have pulled out hairs almost 2 inches long. Sometimes they get irritated and then get infected. My skin looks like crap from all the bruising and scars from the ingrown hairs. I exfoliate the area in every shower but I still would get ingrown hairs.

I finally got sick of it and realized that I was spending good money on something that was not going to stop the ingrown hairs so I looked into laser and electrolysis. I decided that I am going to do LHR for 8 treatments on my underarms, lower legs, and Brazilian area (this is the deal I bought) and then any strays will be treated by my electrologist who is doing my brows and upper lip.

I hope this information helps you.