Older Machine (how effective)

I have been having electrolysis for years and I just don’t understand why it is taking so long to clear up the areas. I am a female with some hair on the back of my neck which feels coarse, and also very fine blonde hairs on my face which have become worse in my quest to rid myself of them. Very infrequently I have waxed, plucked and even had it treated with laser; all out of sheer frustration at how long this process is taking. The woman who treats me is quick (I have been to others who were painstakingly slow) and I’m just wondering if the machine she is using could be the reason it is not working. I know for sure the machine she is using is at least 10 years old. I do feel the heat when she zaps it and I don’t feel her pulling out the hair which I assumed meant the hair is being released as it is supposed to be. I’m just at a loss as to why it is taking years for this process. Is that normal? Is the machine not working properly even though I don’t feel her pulling to get the hair out. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Effective treatment does NOT depend on the machine. The skill of the electrologist is the biggest factor in your success. What newer machines will give you is a more comfortable treatment with less irritation, which may make it easier for you to get treatment more frequently than you would with an older machine.

I would question your frequency of treatment, and ask if you are getting full clearance every appointment. Until you get a full clearance, and get to clear every hair each and every time, you are still in a zone where the kill rate is uncertain. One must get to the point where one is both in the possible 100% kill rate zone, AND get all hairs removed every visit to get the fastest completion time.

Many people complain that they are having work done over years, but they only go once in a while, and never get into the groove of getting the amount of work done in the quantities and frequency needed.

If this is not your problem, then you have something that is growing hairs as you remove them. Without getting this in check, you will be removing hair until all your follicles have been both recruited, and decomissioned for hair removal via electrolysis.