Ok I am very confused (upper lip advice please)

I am hearing two sides of the story

1. Waxing has reduced upper lip hair growth
  2. Waxing induces it

Now I don’t know which is true, because I’m either considering bleaching it or waxing it. I need some information though before I make my move because I don’t want to make a major error in my choice! Thank you

It varies. It could induce it or it could remain exactly the same. It’s impossible to predict. It definitely doesn’t reduce it - that’s an old wives’ tale. If bleaching does the job, do that.

I bleached it, it will serve it’s purpose before I get electrolysis. Thank you lagirl! You are truly awesome =]

Repeated waxing can cause the hair to become more resilient over time. Repeated waxing can also cause the follicles to become distorted, and make future electrolysis more difficult.

I’d trim and/or bleach them until you can start electrolysis.

You’re welcome. I bleached my upper lip for years before I got electrolysis.

Yes, I do like the bleaching method. I did it to my upper lip and abdomen, I can barely see anything and that makes me feel so so so so much better.

I heard that bleaching is only good on light skin because if you do it on dark skin, the hair will be more noticeable. is it true? and how light is “light”? I’m asian (chinese), so if I bleach my upper lip hair, will it be more or less noticeable? Thank you

Bleaching is abit more noticable on dark skin sometimes - as it stands out - your hairs not naturally blonde but you can still do it- try a little patch see how it looks

The other problem with bleaching on dark skin is that the bleached hairs get that “California Blonde” thing going on in a short time, where you have black new growth showing at the bottom of blonde ends. The process can also thicken the hairs, so you have fatter blonde hairs, instead of thinner black ones.

At least shaving them off and putting make-up over the area leaves nothing to be seen, and if the shaving is done on schedule, nothing to feel either.

It depends on how dark your skin is. If it’s Asian skin, it’s often not that dark. Basically, it depends on how noticeable blond hairs are on your skin. Try a patch and see for yourself.