Ok a few questions I couldn't find?

Ok so while I spent the day sick, watching old movies I did some searching on the site. I’m new so I still learning about the terms, (but so excited about all I’m learning and the options ) One option is the Spiro med. I’d heard of cheap quack options but never this. I did a lot of research but I still have a few questions.

First off let me explain myself. With the exception of the bikini and underarm areas which are dark and coarse, most of my hair is very light blonde and excessive. People say that light hair isn’t as visible but on me it most definitely is. Enough for me and others to notice, and I shave everyday. (I’m doing this for myself though not them, but you get the point) I’ve recently started electrolysis on my underarms. Oh and my age is 20 and I’m a woman. I’m going to my doctor this week and I was thinking about asking her about Spiro but I have a few questions first.

Will I work better on me because I have lighter (I believe the term is vellus) hair?

I’m a little confused by some reviews, can it actually permanently get rid of body hair, or does it only reduce the hair?

I’ve read that most people take it with Yaz, is that a requirement? I know that Yaz can cause blood clotting and I was veering away from it because of the Breast cancer risks in my family. My doc and I had discussed the Mirena IUD. I know this may be more of a question for her, but if anyone knows that would be great:)

Last question. Is this something that I will have to take for the rest of my life? Or will it work its magic and after a few years I can stop? If I stop will it start up again?

Thanks!

P.S. Does anyone also have a website for the med that I can bring in to show my doc when I discuss it with her?

This is old, but I don’t want to start a new post. Related to your question with Yaz:

I don’t take Yaz, I take Loestrin 24 fe. Can you take that with Spiro? I don’t have insurance or a doctor, so I was thinking of ordering Spiro and paying out of pocket, but I am not gonna do that if it has to be taken with Yaz or Yasmin.

Anyone?

Your question should be answered by a physician only. We are not permitted to give medical advice here. I hope you can understand.

Dee, wouldn’t want you to get in any trouble, but let me approach it another way maybe:

It seems to me that it’s not medical advice any more than it is when James states the FACT that medicines can harm a liver. He’s not giving illegal advice, just stating a known fact and letting the other person take that information for what it’s worth. I just want to know if people ever take spiro with other birth controls, yes or no. You’d be stating a fact, not giving advice, and it certainly doesn’t mean you endorse ME taking spiro because you don’t know me or my medical history.

Saying that some people take spiro with other BC is not implying that ALL people can, or that I should. It is simply quoting a statistic that does not condone any action over any other or “advise” me to take a certain course of action over any other.

There, that’s all the technicalities that hopefully make this question alright to answer (though I still doubt I’ll get one).

To rephrase: Has anyone heard of spiro being taken with non-Yaz birth control ever?

Being a guy, it is dangerous for me to even speek on the subject, but I am an idiot (just ask my wife :grin: ) and I will say that I don’t really understand why any one takes birth control when a simple ten minute test can tell you if this is one of the days you are capable of getting pregnant. let a drop of clear saliva dry on glass, and view it under a magnifying glass, or microscope. This takes about ten minutes to happen. If the dried spot has a crystal pattern that looks like a fern, you are locked and loaded. If the pattern does not show up with the fern leaf pattern, you are clear.

I don’t take it for pregnancy concerns. I take it for PCOS symptoms. It didn’t help me lose weight but it is already helping with excess body fur and my acne completely disappeared in a matter of weeks (after 12 years of fighting with it). Tried the diet/exercise stuff that is recommended for mild cases for many years with no success treating any symptom except my weight, and other issues just got worse and worse.

So for right now, I am very happy with it. But your little test thing sure sounds fun and interesting. I should make a point to try that with someone just to see what happens. :smiley: