ok 2 questions

hi im new here…although i have been reading this forum for a while. Well im 17 years old and have been having electrolysis done for the past 3 weeks on an area of my chest, my areolas…i had really thick here from plucking, and also a little bit on the side of my face. The lady who does me is really nice, but I was just wondering if someone knew something about EMLA…she told me to jus rub a little bit in about 30 mins before coming in. But on the package it says to wrap it and all this stuff, and she says theres no need. Is this dangerous? Also the little red bumps and scabs you get after treatment. After you have been goin for a while, will you not get these anymore? cus they are very noticeable and dont go away since by the time they would be leaving im back in for my next appointment.

any help appreciated!

Following the package instructions gives you more numbing effect.

thanks…and do you about the swelling and scabs? After a few months do you not scab as much?

scabbing is more about the practitioner (techiques and equipment)and the post treatment care (both by practitioner and client). I don’t konw which you need to work more on.

However, most people have less reaction, after the first clearance is done.

hmm well i use things such as tee tree oil and witch hazel and i recently found some aloe vera lotion…soo I think thats ok…but I guess we will see if they get any better.

good luck everyone.

My suggestion is to use the Tea Tree Oil overnight, if not during other times during the day. You may use Aloe all day. Pure Aloe Vera Gel is the best thing to use.

When you have fewer hairs close together, you should notice little to no scabbing, unless your practitioner is using an older machine, or outdated techniques.

…but I was just wondering if someone knew something about EMLA…she told me to just rub a little bit in about 30 mins before coming in. But on the package it says to wrap it and all this stuff, and she says theres no need. Is this dangerous?

It is not dangerous. But, DO NOT rub it in. You put on a thick layer, covering the area. It is not necessary to wrap it, but you will get better results if you do and it won’t be absorbed by your clothes. Just use a piece of normal kitchen plastic wrap. You don’t need to be wrapped like a mummy. Just cover the area with it and then put your top over it. You can use small pieces of tape to hold it in place. My recommendation would also be to give it 60 minutes. It really takes that long to be fully effective.

Good luck!

There is a protocol for using EMLA that has one put on a thin layer of tea tree oil, then rub in some EMLA, and then apply the thick layer that one then covers with plastic wrap.

Many people say this makes it more effective. (the tea tree oil and the rubbing in of the first amount help it to be absorbed more.)

There is a protocol for using EMLA that has one put on a thin layer of tea tree oil, then rub in some EMLA, and then apply the thick layer that one then covers with plastic wrap.

Many people say this makes it more effective. (the tea tree oil and the rubbing in of the first amount help it to be absorbed more.)

When I was using LMX-4, I did it in the manner you describe. However, the EMLA directions specifically say not to rub it in, so I changed procedures.

That’s lawyer talk.

Did you know that “air freasheners” say, WARNING, do not inhale this product"?

What good is a room scent that you are not supposed to breath?

They know that the problem with EMLA is over absorbtion, and so that warning is there. It is not usless, but it is something you have to research to fully understand.

ok thats good to know! Because I had already rubbed it in for 3 treatments before I asked that question…I think it does help with the pain because I can manage…but maybe next time I will try covering it.
Thanks.