Odd Hair Removal Question

Kind of akward but im thinking about having permanent hair removal on my scalp. My hairline is too low for my liking and it runs in the family.Also i found out that 80-90% of scalp hair is in the growing phase(telagen)so it could really work well. Should i go with laser treatments or electrolysis? Maybe Andrea could answer this 1…Thanks.

Oops growing stage would be anagen :smile:

I read somewhere that laser doesn’t work as well on scalp hair. Just the opposite of what I would expect. I don’t recall where I read that, but I think it was from a link provided on hairfacts.

I suppose male pattern baldness is not common in your family then? Waiting for mother nature to take care of that is probably not an option.

RJC2001

Hairline countouring is not as uncommon as you’d think. Rita Hayworth had her hairline brought up with electrolysis, which led to her being catapaulted into an all-time sex symbol.

The best way to do it is with electrolysis, since hairlines are like eyebrows-- a few hairs here and there and change the entire appearance of your face. Electrolysis allows for hair-by hair contouring. The laser can clear dark hair on light skin, but it’s harder to create a unirform line. It’s kind of like the difference between plugs and micrografts for hair restoration. Tiny grafts allow for more control and usually look better in the end.

Some women I know have used laser on sideburns and some men i know have used laser on the back of the neck. I’m not aware of a satisfied consumer who did hairline work with a laser. I’d ask to talk with a satisfied consumer before committing to being someone’s guinea pig on this highly visible area.

The hair on the back of my neck has been more stubborn as far as responding to the laser. However hair on the front of my neck just above the collar bone responded very well to the laser with almost 100% removal after one treatment with the Apogee.

RJC2001