oat bran

James recommended taking 25 mg of bulk oat bran a day. I bought some today and was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to take it.

With milk or juice?
With cereal or plain yogurt?

What would be the least gross tasting?

It is easy to make, you can just add boiling hot water to a cup of oat bran, then add your choice of fruit, fruit juice, and/or milk to taste. One can substitute hot milk for water if one chooses.

what does it do?

For clarity, I said that you need 25 GRAMS of dietary fiber a day. One measured cup of oat bran mixed with hot water, hot milk, or even juice (but since vitamin C gets destroyed by heat, I don’t recommend heating juice on a stove top) will give you a net of 18 to 21 grams of dietary fiber. The feeble amouts of fiber left in most American foods will make up the rest. So many Americans live on 5 to 10 grams of fiber a day, and wonder why they have things like Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

For one, oat bran assures you that you are getting the minimum amout of fiber in your system every day. (that will be confirmed by the change in the bulk and frequency of your stools) It will also deliver some wonderful nutrients, including protein and B vitamins and minerals like iron to name a few.

It is a great anchor to a carb meal. Lastly, it will help your body stay hydrated.

Sound good?