Numbing cream?

What would you guys suggest as the most effective numbing cream? Emla seems to be hit and miss, as well as other lidocaine creams.

My biggest challenge is pain with transgender clients. The combination of lengthy appointments and intense thermolysis current make this difficult. I’ve been resorting to using the blend which is more easily managable by the client but much more time consuming especially when doing initial clearances.
Any suggestions? (I’m using the Sequentium VMC)

Thanks,
Veronica

One of my clients introduced me to Dr Numb. It has the same lidocaine concentration as normal over-the-counter Lidocaine or EMLA but he (a male cross-dresser) found it did wonders for his upper lip treatment. He had already used EMLA but somehow this suited him better!

I always keep Prestige Electrolysis PFB Numb-It on hand. Recently, I applied the topical and then used the attachment for phoresis (Platinum) to vibrate it into the skin. I did not use the galvanic this time - as this was an experiment. The client said it helped, and it seemed like the hairs came out easier.

Barbara that sounds like a really cool idea. That would be anaphoresis? I use a product that I get from a dermatologist and it takes several hours to really kick in.

I just tried it and it didn’t work.

I think it would be cataphoresis for ‘pushing’ a substance into the skin. Anaphoresis for drawing or opening up capillaries/cataphoresis for feeding in or closing down capillaries if I understand it correctly?