Now red scabbings on face - Post electrolysis?

Hey everyone,

I had electrolysis three weeks ago and last week.

from the session I had three weeks ago, I still have red scabbings on my face, above beardline and just below cheekbone.

My electrologist did not say anything on what I should apply after the sessions. I still have the red scabs and the there a few red pimple like spots. I began applying a herbal cream for removing scars and it seems to be working. As soon as I apply this scarless cream I can see white pimples.

I drink 2 liters of water , eat 2 salmon oil softgels and three multivitamin tablets and still no improvements.

What are some good post session products I should use to avoid red scabs in the future?

Have you had treatment previously ? If you have only had treatment from one practitioner, you can not make comparisons, another operator may not irritate your skin at all, by simply being more skilled, and using less current. The modality employed and the type of needle (insulated or not ) can all play a part in the skins reaction. How do you heal in other situations ?

In general a month is enough to recover from most things.Now, acne scars and scars from ingrowing hair due to tweezing has taken more than 8 months!

Considering that my diet is excellent and I am taking additional salmon oil softgels and multivitamins I would be dammed puzzle if it does not heal within the next month or so.The last thing I want is scar marks needing more than 12 months to heal and scars going away.

“I still have red scabbings on my face, above beardline and just below cheekbone.”

Let me guess: you also have fairly white skin? What you are probably describing is something we have talked about often … angiogenesis: a normal part of the healing process that is visible on white skin … especially where the skin is thin, i.e., your cheekbone. (cheekbone, fingers, toes are also prime areas.)

Capillaries are bridging the “dead space” created by electrolysis. To do this they form dense capillary loops that will become remodeled in a few months (and disappear). New collagen is forming in the area and the blood is being supplied to the fibroblasts (the cells making the new collagen.)

You are looking down on this mass of vessels and they look like a “red scab.” If the dot is raised that’s because there is still a lot healing taking place. (The process of inflammation is the healing process itself. It’s a good thing.)

So, do you really want to stop the healing process? I suppose you could use steroids to stop the healing process and eliminate the “red spots,” but then, of course, your skin wouldn’t heal. After two weeks there is nothing you need to apply to the skin that will do much of anything. (The only post-treatment danger is infection. If that didn’t happen, just sit tight.)

“I drink 2 liters of water , eat 2 salmon oil softgels and three multivitamin tablets and still no improvements.”

Not a bad thing to do, but it’s not doing anything to make the “red spots” go away … since this is the healing process itself. (Why 3 multivitamins?) Besides, few of us that live in the “first world” have nutritional deficiencies that would impair normal wound-healing. Now, if you actually have a Vitamin C deficiency then you would be in trouble. But please don’t start eating 20 oranges per day. I’m sure your Vitamin C level is perfect. Be happy, you will be just fine.

Is Greenridge scarless healer cream a good product to apply on areas treated by electrolysis? My operator recommended it to me and to apply it.I have been searching the web for some hits on this cream and electrolysis.Since I did not find any, I better ask here.

What does it do?
For the symptomatic relief of: Minor wounds such as cuts, scratches and abrasions

Each 1g Contains:
Calendula officinalis extract
equiv. dry flower | 51mg
Hypericum perforatum
tincture equiv. dry herb | 10.2mg

Caution

For external use only
Use only as directed
Keep out of reach of children
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional
Contains Imidurea
Contains Chlorocresol
Contains Alcohol

Low levels of zinc ,greatly slow the healing process, and according to my Doctor,an extraordinary number of her patients, are defficient. Personally, I was one of them and after a sophisticated method of testing,required 100mg daily, which is of course a massive dose. I did have all manner of healing and immune disfunction,which is now rectified.

I believe bananas have a fair amount of zinc in them and they are probably more pleasant to consume than a zinc pill. Be careful though, according to Wikipedia they are slightly radioactive so if you notice yourself glowing when you switch the light off at bedtime perhaps cut back on intake. Also beware if you’re taking spironolactone as they also have high levels of potassium.
Rewind a little and read Mikes post again, be reassured that everything will resolve. I just happened to have his book open at page 86 where he starts detailing the healing process. If I were you and as he has recommended just leave those red marks alone, they are indicators in your case that all is well and healing nicely.

There is really only one enemy of post-treatment electrolysis: infection. If no infection takes place, the vast majority of patients need to do next to nothing and just allow the skin to heal. Supplements are fine (and encouraged, just don’t over do it) and I’m not really against all the various post-treatment nostrums people use. Except for a couple thoughts.

First, giving a patient a laundry list of post-treatment instructions is connoting the idea that “something serious has been done to me, and I might be in some kind of danger." With this mind-set the patient might start to overdo it, and start seeing all kinds of worrisome (normal) manifestations.

Also, for me anyway, I would trust pharmaceuticals before any so-called “natural” remedy. Natural herbal things do not have the same FDA regulations that medications have. I also want to know exactly (in actual scientific terms) what the “thing” is doing and why it should be applied.

For example, I can tell you exactly what hydrocortisone (or even pure petroleum jelly) does in wound healing. But I don’t know exactly what the herbal remedies are supposed to be doing. For me, it’s not enough to say: “it helps the healing.” (And, yes I have researched most of the various nostrums being used today.) Again, I’m not really opposed to them, if you think they “work” then go for it. (In years past, patients were advised to apply Vitamin E from a capsule. Several serious allergic reactions did take place; so you never know.)

My own practice is to use “Hibiclens” (surgical grade cleanser) pretty liberally and in a few various straight and diluted forms (before and after treatment). A post-treat application of Hibiclens will wipe out skin bacteria for a full 24 hours. Since I have been using this (20 years plus) I have had much better results. For example the tiny white pustules that sometimes form (from resident skin bacteria invading the open wound) never happens. Because this is a long acting product, it also protects the patient from whatever they might want to do at home (you know they are going to do “something”). I mostly want patients to keep their damned hands off the wound and simply keep it clean … just wash in a normal way. And, if they see a “problem” to call me immediately.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I have a fascinating story about aloe vera and Helena Rubinstein. You will love this one; this is a Santa Barbara/NYC legend!

I hope you are all having a GREAT weekend. Sunday is the final day of our “Spanish Days Celebration” and all the 40,000 tourists go home … I can’t wait! Viva La Fiesta!

A good reason to toast. Here’s to you Michael! chin chin
(or I should say, clink clink)

Y la fiesta continúa…

How do you do this? I’m always looking for the simple and fast way to do something. Apply diluted and rinse?

Hi Barb,

I had a little trouble with the PM, so let me know if you got my email re: Hibiclens.

Ciao!
Mike

[quote=“Barbara_CPE”]

How do you do this? I’m always looking for the simple and fast way to do something. Apply diluted and rinse? [/quote]

Hello Michael! Unfortunately, you did not answer in forum how you use Hibiclens.
Frankly, I am very interested too how to proper use it because the label said to “rinse it”

I wanna do electrolysis on my face soon as well but I’m worried how long I have to walk around with red scabs all over my face.

Could someone please post realistic pictures of what these ‘red scabs post-treatment’ look like 'cause then I’ll know better what to expect…
thank you

Tinklebells, it’s not possible to know if you will have scabbing and how much.

When I had shorter treatments with Blend, I didn’t get any scabbing.

When I had hours in one go, with thermolysis on the Platinum, I had some scabbing.

This is my scabbing (2 days after treatment):

It got a bit darker/stronger and then within 2 weeks most had dropped off.

There was another poster recently who had some quite extreme looking scabbing. She diligently put up photos and you know, it seems to be healing quite nicely.I’m sure a different electrologist could have done the same work with little scabbing.

By the way, for after care I didn’t do anything after my many hours of thermolysis treatment.

I verrrry gently washed my face with soap and water. As you can see it is quite swollen and was tender so I didn’t want to touch it much anyway. Part of my normal skin care routine is to spray my face with witch hazel water after a shower, so I did that as usual.
4 days after treatment, I was back at work so I would very carefully apply moisturiser to the treated areas of my face. I did my eye makeup as normal but for the rest of my face, just a very light dusting of powder.

Once the scabs had dropped off, I went back to my normal routine which was basically just using a drop of rosehip oil on my face before my moisturiser, as it is very moisturising and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft.

You know imo that doesn’t look too bad. I could just play it off and act like I got a bad reaction from a new creme or something.

Also do you heal better if you get a lot of sleep? Cause for me, I’ve always noticed when I have little wounds and I get a lot of sleep it heals remarkably fast. So that’s what I’m planning to do after my first clearence as well.

I guess sleeping well and long enough can’t hurt.

Electrolysis does not always have to be synomous with scabbing. Many electrologists do facial work without scabbing. If you get small scabs, they will subside. Just don’t dislodge them, let them fall off naturally. My personal goal is not to scab people on the facial area so they don’t have to explain to others what the marks on their face is all about. No one likes to say they are getting hair removed. Other professional electrologists think small scabs are important because it means the treatment was effective. My personal preference is to use one burst of energy with a quality probe that matches the diameter of the hair to prevent scabbing on the face.The larger the probe the better.