Normal skin reaction to galvanic electrolysis on the neck?

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker here and new electrolysis patient. I started just last week and so don’t have much to go off in terms of skin reaction/healing in terms of my own skin… so I’m posting here to gauge you all’s opinions. For reference my electrologist used straight galvanic at a setting of 0.54 mA for 10 seconds aka ~50 units of lye. From what I know that’s well within the acceptable range. She also may have had to treat several follicles twice (can’t be sure if she did or not but it kind of felt like she did) but even so 100 units of lye doesn’t seem completely dangerous.

The other thing I can think of to mention is she was using a two handed method, I did feel a bit of tugging and a bit of sharp pinching sensation that i assume was just the probe, kind of the feeling of being poked with a sharp object, but nothing dreadfully painful.

Anyways what I’m really asking is if you all think this is a normal reaction for the area (neck around the trachea) and for the modality (straight galvanic). The redness or hyperpigmentation if you could call it that concerns me less than the sort of raised bumps that are sort of bubble like in appearance and catch the light. I’m hesitant to say they are pustules because they don’t seem like they would pop. Could this just be residual swelling of the follicle? Or perhaps just lingering inflammation? There is a very slight tenderness in the area.

I also use tretinoin although i discontinued 48 hours before and do naturally have reactive skin that turns pink just from touch.

this picture is 7 days after treatment BTW

immediately after treatment

I’d say the neck is very delicate and for fare skin it can have lingering swelling. Tretinoin should be discounted, at least for me it always made my skin ever so sensitive and dry. I had single needle galvanic done but not on the face or neck. In some areas it does cause lingering swelling but dissipates.

What post treatment actions do you do now to address this swelling? I would avoid 100 UL around face and neck area. Under 80 UL is plenty enough to cover the most stubborn hair. Reducing DC and increasing some timing should help with reactive skin.