No results in 8 sessions

I’ve been getting IPL at someones house (she’s got a large machine, not the DIY kits), she is a beautician and has had training and everything but I’ve got really patchy results.

Left underarm is great. Right underarm, thick patch in middle.
Upper arms, worse than before, more fine longer hairs starting to get thicker than they were before treatment.
Lower arms OK, like the thick long hairs have gone but the underneath of my arms still has a lot of hair, kind of thin. but not downy hair.
Legs, I don’t really see the result I wanted after 8 sessions? Like I still have strawberry legs after 2 microdermabrasion treatments and 8 IPL sessions, obviously ive been getting treatments every 4 weeks so hair hasn’t grown fully but had a session last week and I still have hairs growing same thickness. There was a point where it was patchy but not looking like that at the moment. Just looks like its growing everywhere.
Thighs, OK. But still have tiny tiny hairs that just don’t grow? strawberry legs.

Have I wasted my money?

Yes, you probably have wasted your money. “Strawberry legs?” Money! … let’s hope that’s all you’ve “wasted.”