No! No! Hair Removal

Hello, all

I didnt see this product under scams section of this website. Has any one used this device No! No! Hair removal claims sold over 2 million units and removes hair.

Thanks

Seems stupid to me. They offer a 30-day guarantee, but then ask for 6-8 weeks for results. They state multiple times in the FAQ that hair growth may return to its old pattern if use is discontinued. It’s glorified waxing.

haha 30 day guarantee but its takes 6-8 weeks thats def a smart little business curveball to throw at someone…sneaky sneaksss…its a marketing gimmick i bet you they sold all those under false pretenses and are probably on the better business bureau as being scum bags

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/cosmetics-and-perfumes-retail/nono-in-sayreville-nj-90033989

yup

Just one more reason to laugh, or cry when you see the NoNo advertised (You do know that the reason this name was chosen is so that it can’t come up on search engines, and people will have a harder time finding negative reviews).

So to sum it up, hot wire, encased in plastic, is used to burn off the hairs, and hope that some of the heat radiates downward enough to reduce or eliminate future growth. Um, yeah, right. To quote Catnip the cartoon cat, “That sounds logical”.

They make these things with the thought in mind that you will use it for a week or three and toss it into the junk drawer and forget about it, meanwhile, they keep your money.

And while I am on the subject of entertainment culture references, about that 30 day guarantee… Any Star Trek Ferengi will tell you, “The Laws Of Acquisition State, Once They Have Your Money, THEY NEVER GIVE IT BACK!” :grin:

I’m a new member, my first post.
Thanks for the info on the NoNo everyone. I have been doing some of my own research on this machine. Interesting that they have used a name for the purpose of tricking the search engines, didn’t know that, but I guess it make sense - to them anyway! The fact is that many people will never attend appointments for electrolysis or laser treatments purely because of the cost factor. So, they spend years trying different home “permanent hair removal” (I use the term loosely) machines buying this and that and never getting the results they are looking for. I have a blog and the most asked question I get is “what is the best home permanent hair removal machine”, so far I have had trouble giving anything a tick of approval. I certainly wouldn’t want to promote something that doesn’t work.
There is a new product just starting to be advertised here in Australia, mainly through magazines, call the Remington LumaSmooth. Remingtom has a good name for temporary hair removal through their range of personal shavers. Do any of you know about the Luma product, it is a home IPL as far as I can see. The price is what I would call high end for home hair removal, $799.00 AUD. Reviews seem to be mixed, but I have never met anyone who has used it.
Your feedback would be much appreciated!

this product is the BIGGEST WORTHLESS piece of crap/scam you can purchase

first let me say im a man, and bought this for the removal of unwanted body hair, my body hair is quite alot and coarse hair

i tried this product time and time again, it was awful, only burned few hairs , the majority of hair would not be gone no matter how may times i went over the same spot. It just damaged my skin, burnt skin pigmentation spots on my torso,damaged skin,and the (very few)hairs that were removed grew back the same few days later.

i used it for few weeks, then never touched it anymore. Its awful. wasted £130 on this, better off buying a £2 razor

Consumer reviews of No!No! 2013:

2013 consumer reviews of No!No!

Some highlights:

"…it was completely useless in terms of removing all hair at once. so you never really have a clean hair free skin. I gave up on my legs in the second go, because it did nothing. I thought I will try the small areas like upper lip and chin and sides. This was worse. It burned my face (even when I was using its face attachment)and didnt do the job of removing hair very well.

Finally I called to return the product, which was achieved after much trouble and hassle, even though the product is apparently under a “money back” guarantee. after all the hassle of sending this back, i still have to receive my money back!"

Speaking of that often advertised Money Back Guarantee:
"This is not only one the worst products I have ever bought but dealing with the company to get a refund on not only the product I bought but the one they sent me that I did not order. How they did that and got my credit card twice I still don’t know. The no no burns your hair and does not stop the growth! It is a lie and the cream burned my skin after I used the no no. Customer service is impossible. I bought it in May and it is now September and I still have not received my refund. I will never buy anything from TV again! Save your money and your time and don’t buy this product. "

Think no one is giving it a fair chance to prove it works?
"Luckily I bought my no!no! on sale when Sephora stopped carrying it (maybe that should have been the first clue), but I’m still annoyed that I wasted any of my money on a product that DOES NOTHING it claims.
It claims that you will have less hair growing back over time - isn’t a year and a half a long time? I used the product for 1 1/2 years and always struggled to find a retailer that carried the replacement blades (why would I pay $10 in shipping for a product that costs $20?) and despite the fact that I had light and fairly fine hair to begin with, I STILL have the same amount of hair
DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! "

Well, that’s what regular people are saying about it.

This product is illegal. Unfortunately, FDA oversight is often limited by consumer experience. In such cases, they have implemented methods for reporting to bring these kinds of devices to their attention. No No is a laser/light based device used for hair removal. This would mean that it has to carry a 510K approval for hair removal, but there is no such approval for home use.

Many of these “home use” devices are being approved by the FDA as substantially equivalent to other lasers- this only means they are cleared for use by the personnel designated within your state as legal laser practitioners. There is NO FDA APPROVAL for the home use of lasers/light based devices. NONE. Report them to the FDA via form 3500.

This should be bookmarked by every medical professional:
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/medwatch/medwatch-online.htm

This is a heavily advertised product, so I seem to get the most questions about No No from my clients. Some phrase their questions in a way that says, if electrolysis doesn’t work, then I may try No No. It should be the other way around. I invite them to try NoNo and then tell them I will wait for their phone call asking for an electrolysis appointment because No No didn’t work.

CRC you mention the no no is a laser/light based device, can you explain it further? I happened to see this product in action, it looked to me like it burns the hair with a wire filament very similar to what you would see in a toaster.

Thank you.

Here is a man’s review of The No No by Radiancy

I wish he gave information on his refund experience. Most have said they never got any money back.

Here is a woman who took it upon herself to do a year long test drive of Radiancy’s NO!NO! No-No, or how ever they are writing it these days.
Guess what? She concludes that it doesn’t work like the commercial say! Imagine that? The think broke not long after the refund policy expired, customer service was not the best, and in the end, she sees that it has only a limited usefulness.

Just out of interest, why does NoNo appear as a ‘sponsored’ advert on this site? It feels wrong to me.

I tried the Nono, came to the same conclusion and called to get my money back. They tried the usual tricks to get out of the refund. “You need to give it more time…etc.”. The answer that actually worked was that I have decided to try electrolysis, they had no defense, got an RMA number and my payment was refunded.