NJ Electrolysis Rec PLS

Hi everyone,

First time here, I currently live in Northern Jersey. I struggle with PCOS and would really appreciate any electrolysis recommendations. I live fairly close to Manhattan so I can definitely try and go to any places recommended near there as well.

I recently had my first appointment with electrolysis I am pretty red and irritated the day after, she only uses thermolysis. I also have little whiteheads in the pores that were treated, for some reason I do not have a great feeling about the person I went to and want to see if there is someone else out there with more experience.

Also are there recommended methods for PCOS?

I’m a client of Danielle of Electrolysis Beauty Lounge in Northern NJ (https://www.electrolysisbeautylounge.com/) and she’s awesome. She’s extremely knowledgeable, professional, caring, and thoughtful. I’ve been seeing her since March of this year and the results have been great. I travel from Manhattan to go to her and I can’t recommend her enough.

I’ve tried one clinic in Manhattan before (Hairless NYC) for my underarms and though the staff was very kind, their procedure was excruciatingly painful. Settings were way too high and it was an abnormally long healing time. It’s important to note that New York state does not require an electrolysis license (something I learned after trying Hairless NYC). So while I’m not saying there aren’t any good electrologists in NYC, I would definitely be careful and do even an extra amount of research before you decide to go to someone in NY. New Jersey on the other hand does require a license to practice electrolysis.

Hopefully this is helpful!

Many NJ electrologists come to the Berkowitz school in Queens NY for their training, where a lot of electrologists in NY train. Even if NY is not a licensed state, many electrologists here do have a CPE and receive additional training at Dectro and other types of training seminars. After many years of receiving electrolysis in NYC, with several different pros, I can tell you a state license nor a CPE plays a major role on skills and outcomes. I do respect when an electrologist seeks additional training beyond initial schooling.

Gotcha – I wasn’t aware, that’s good to know. Thank you for providing that additional color.

thank you so much! I will definitely check the place out, it’s hard to trust a place without knowing anyone that has tried it so this definitely helps!

thank you for the info! is there anyone you recommend for electrolysis in NYC?