Nitrous Oxide "Pain Relief"

Can anyone recommend an electrolysis that provides pain relief with the use of NOS like a dentist uses? Thanx…

Have you had electrolysis before? Have you sampled as many electrologists in your locale as possible to see what they can offer you in the sensation catagory?

I’m just not getting the nitrous oxide or the injection pain relief stuff that others are mentioning because many electrologists around the world are able to start work on clients and keep the discomfort levels within a tolerable range. I routinely work on men for two or more hours. Admittedly, it’s not like a soothing massage, but they are tolerating the sensation pretty darn well, and we are getting things accomplished.

My interest in asking you the above questions is my concern over safety issues and overtreatment issues when one is numbed or sensation is lessened. With better epilators, probes, vision equipment, continuing education and skill, electrolysis shouldn’t require one to run for medicine, injections and inhaled gases. In my state of Ohio, it is clearly printed on my electrologist license that I may not prescribe or administer drugs and I’m assuming this is true for every licensed electrologist in every licensed state.

Dee

Everyone responds to pain differently. For some, the anticipation of possible pain causes so much anxiety that they fear getting treated. Most people tolerate electrolysis just fine, often without the use of any kind of pain relief. However, some people find it more bearable using topicals. In extreme cases, they may seek injections or gas anethesthesia, but as dfahey notes, this is probably overkill. In addition, these kinds of things carry significant risks and should only be used as a last resort. I know a few practitioners who work with a local dentist or physician to have anethetic administered, but I always suggest trying a test patch first with a good topical before moving to injectables and gas. You can almost always make it tolerable with a topical.

I have very thick hair all over my body including my face which requires me to shave twice a day. I have had electrolysis before and to think that one is going to endure the removal of hair from the face without pain relief (Nitros-lidocaine injections) is beyond me. I tried it and there is no way I would sit thru a session of electrolysis without some serious pain relief.

I am interested in doing my entire body. I spent thousands of dollars on laser and IPL removol. What a waste of time, money and discomfort that was. I think the laser-IPL will work for some but people. But people like me that have very thick and course hair it just does not work.

I tried just about every laser-IPL on the market and would have gotten the same results with waxing! I would have to say that the only machine that I would ever recommend to anyone is the Palomar Estelux (IPL) because of its large spot size (16 X 46) and the fact that it just did not hurt like the other lasers I tried. I did experiment quite a bit with several machines.

What I mean by that is I found that with people like me who happen to be the ideal canditate (fair skin with very dark hair) is that the only way a laser-IPL will work for someone like me is to target the hair follice before it has a chance to regenerate at all which means the amount of treatments it would take to accomplish hair removal would coast as much as buying a machine and doing it myself (which I have serously entertained!).

I could buy an Estelux for like $20k used.

I remember using the Candela Gentlelase and experiencing a lot of pain with it even with the cyro shots and asking the laser practioner to turn the juice up really high and target two areas on my body each time I came. I was doing all areas of my body and would target two specific areas as an experiment before doing the other areas that I did not do the week before and so on. I mean turning the juice up to like 40+ to see two things. One, would I get any better results by turning up the juice? Two, would the results be any better if I targeted an area every two weeks vs. every 6 weeks. The two areas I targeted were my side burns which were very thick and a small area on my stomach. I can tell you that is was very painful indeed but to this day (4 years later) I have ZERO hair growth in those two areas. I shit you not ZERO!

So basically I realized that a laser can achieve permenant hair removal as long as the juice is high enough and the frequency is shorter, like (3) times shorter then people think. Not every (6) weeks. Those with lighter hair may get different results but people like me get nothing from going every (6) weeks as recommended by the manufactor.

I would apperciate it if you or anyone could give me a number to any place that does electrolysis with the use of nitrous oxide. I cant seem to find anyone. I know E2000 in texas does lidocaine injections but those are very painful and only useful on a small area like the face. I just dont understand why more places dont offer nitrous? I was in the dentist chair for two hours with nitrous with a (5) minute break evry hour and I was fine. Other areas on the body are just about as sensitive as the face (rib cage, areas of the back, etc.) I can also tell you that I had electrolysis done on many parts of my body as well and the results were the same as using the laser so I just dont know what to think about electrolysis. I did a small area on my leg one day and the hair never grew back. But I did my hands multible times and there was little if any permenant removal of hair from the area.

A number or website to anyone that offers nitrous with electrolysis would be appreciated. Thanx for ur help.

One more thing, I also used a topical from a pharmacy out in california from a place called compounding pharmacy and it is like (5) times stronger them emla. It’s not cheap and of course you need a prescription but it did work fairly well for any area other then my face. The face just needs something stronger like nitrous. I went to the dentist this morning for a root canal and if it works on the nerve of my tooth then im sure it will work on my face with electrolysis.

You need a doctor to be near you for electrolysis and laser to take place while “being under”. I have never heard of such a combination, though I agree with you that it would be ideal for you if all was performed safely. This would be really expensive as well.

I’ll be watching this post to see if anyone knows of this kind of set up, but I’m not privey to any information. Sorry.

You would be a great candidate for this SIRNA (RNA technology) that we were just discussing on another forum, but it is still in the research mode. Keep an eye on it, as it may be a reality in the future, hopefully, the near future.

Anyone know how to become a part of the clinical trial?

You can start here:

http://www.clinicaltrials.com/trials/registry.asp

There is a catagory for hair removal, but you will have to investigate what that means exactly. There are plenty of clinical trials availbale for cancer research as you will see.

Good luck and it would be appreciated if you could come back and share what you find out with us.

Thanks,

Dee

Such a very amazing link!
Thank you for the post.

Watch The Losers Online Free
Watch The Back-Up Plan Online Free

I don’t believe it is legal in any state to administer medication for pain of hair removal. I have found that it is best to not fear the pain. If you can accept it, and block it from your mind, your body is really good at producing what it needs naturally for pain. I have realized myself that I only notice the pain for a few minutes at the start, then as I let my mind drift off, I begin to forget about it completely. We don’t need strong drugs for pain, just a strong mind.

Even if you could get everything to do nitrous oxide, how would you find someone to help you use it and do electrolysis on you while you are under its influence? You would have to be hooked up to the machine for some time during the treatments, and your vitals monitored.

In a mild negative side effect, you would throw up, in a bad negative side effect, you would die. Who wants the that in their office?

I don’t believe it is legal in any state to administer medication for pain of hair removal. I have found that it is best to not fear the pain. If you can accept it, and block it from your mind, your body is really good at producing what it needs naturally for pain. I have realized myself that I only notice the pain for a few minutes at the start, then as I let my mind drift off, I begin to forget about it completely. We don’t need strong drugs for pain, just a strong mind.
[/quote]

I love this answer. A few of my clients do visualization and it works. Most don’t think electrolysis with the Apilus Platinum is painful at all and just naturally drift into a light sleep.

Something sounds off here, if you have light skin and very dark coarse hair then you would be an ideal laser candidate and should get results. Skip the IPL they don’t work, GentleLASE would be your best bet as you said. It needs to hurt, like a LOT for it to work, it’s not a pain free experience. If you can’t handle high settings with laser then you’re just wasting money. Maybe find another clinic or something to try, since you should get good results with an alexandrite.