nipple area

I’m a female with the unfortunate problem of a few stary hairs around my nipple area. Usually I’ll pluck them, but I’d really prefer a more permenant sollution to this embarrassing problem. A few of them are dark, while the rest are lighter and finer but still noticable.

I have an electrolycist (sp?) that I go to, but I feel uncomfortable asking her to do this. Has anyone here had this done by someone? The idea makes me very uncomfortable. Another idea I had was to continue plucking, but use Kalo also. It could be worth a try. Any suggestions or experiences??

You might be relieved to hear that most of us have a few “strays” in that area…it’s normal and you are far from the only woman with this. I am sure that your electro has done this area on tons of other women and wouldn’t even bat an eye if you asked her to treat it. Afterall, that’s what she’s there for! :smile: Besides, you’ll feel so much better once you get it done!

meeow, go for it. I did, and I’m glad I did! And the weird thing was it hurt less for me than getting the hairs in the middle of my chest done.

Women who are pregnant or nursing should probably speak with their doctor about hair removal using energy or chemicals in this area.

This is a very common request for electrologists, I’m sure.

Your right Andrea, this is a common question for clients to ask and yes this area is easily treated. What usually takes place is the client has other areas treated first and when she feels comfortable with the electrologist then she ask about that area. The area of the breast is less painful because it is just fatty tissue the reason the chestbone or center hurts is because it is exactly that center…center areas throughout the body are more sensitive. when being treated troughtout the center the reseptors are telling the brain OUCH because it is where the nerves overlap. Try pinching your arm when being treated in a center location then let me know what you think!! Good Luck and don’t be afraid to ask about treating this area its very common. :smile:

Okay, you guys have talked me into it! :smile: Thank you. I was really hesisitant before, but after reading your comments I feel pretty comfortable about it. I’ve had it done before in the middle chest area, and it does hurt! I might try the pinching trick, but she has me holding onto this metal thing (does anyone know what it is?) so it might be hard.

Ooooo, yes - it’s a ‘ground’ !!!
(I learnt that on this site :wink: )

You shouldn’t really need to hold it with straight thermolysis, but my therapist used to insist I did - otherwise the music went skrewy :grin:

But I’ve switched to blend, now, and I have to hold it to make the circuit. But sometimes, I can’t be bothered and just tuck it into my jeans. As long as it’s touching your skin, you’re OK - and it leaves your hands free for piching!! :grin:

What you are holding is called an Electrode. The electrode is used in the hand or placed under the leg in the jeans etc or you can clip on an electrode patch and it is placed on the skin what it does is when you hold it and when the current is delivered it makes a complete circuit. The electode is used with electrode cream or with a baby wipe I perfer to use the cream As long as the current is complete there shouldnt be any problems.

I got it over with, and everything went fine. I told her about it and she didn’t even flinch, just as you said. :smile: Thanks again for the confidance. I’m really glad I went through with it!

Happy to hear it, meeow! :smile:

Yay meeow! :grin: Let that be an encouragement to everyone00 don’t be embarassed-- a professional should always be willing to help if you ask nicely, especially if you have a relationship with them already!

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue!
Meeow, what did you end up paying for this area to be treated?
Does electroylis recquire multiple visits?
In your initial message you mentioned something called Kalo…what is this?
Any help you can offer would be appreciated!
Thanks.

justagirl, there’s a wax called Kalo and a hair inhibitor called Kalo, The wax is fine. The hair inhibitor makes claims that are unproven and should be avoided.

I’m new, so I apologize if I was supposed to start a new thread…

What if the nipple area is my only area of concern? I don’t have a relationship with an electrolygist (?) either. Where do I start? With that Kalo product? I haven’t tried tweezing – ouch!

Thanks for any and all advice! I’m really glad to see that I’m not alone and that there are a number of satisfied people who’ve had the procedure!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by jjmolzar:
<strong>

What if the nipple area is my only area of concern? I don’t have a relationship with an electrolygist (?) either.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Trust me when I tell you not to worry about what body part you are wanting to have treated. The electrologists are used to treating people, both men and women, on EVERY body part from head to toe.

Here is a little something that might put you at ease. When calling the electrologist ask them if they treat the genital area. If they say yes then I’m sure you won’t think the nipple area is all that different.

Good luck, and if you are seriously considering doing this, just go for it. You won’t regret it.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by justagirl:
<strong>I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with this issue!
Meeow, what did you end up paying for this area to be treated?
Does electroylis recquire multiple visits?
In your initial message you mentioned something called Kalo…what is this?
Any help you can offer would be appreciated!
Thanks.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>My electrologist charges by 15 minute intervals, but it might be different everywhere. I always do 45 minutes, and she charges $38.

Electrolysis does require multiple visits, because hair grows in cycles. I’m not an expert in this area, but with every permenant hair removal process it will take multiple treatments. :smile:

I have done this type of work for both men and women, and the results are very good. The good thing is that one can usually clear the area in the first treatment, and just keep the area clear with every appointment, so that no one need know you even have had this problem once you go to your electrologist for treatment. What often gets lost when we talk about this stuff is that some areas, and this is one, will always look finished after the first treatment because we immediately get to full clearance from day one, and we can treat hairs that you don’t even notice yet.

As for the electrologists, we can only see one square inch of skin when we work. It doesn’t matter where that is, we can only see the area we are working on. That is even more true for me, as I am looking through a high powered stereo microscope and have no vision outside of the highly magnified square inch that the scope shows in the view finder.

We the practitioners really view this as no different from removing hairs from your elbow.