Hello all,

I’ve recently been diagnosed with PCOS (mostly thanks to my own research and then insisting my doctor send me to an endocrinologist), though I’ve suffered with the sypmtoms for about 15 years. Now it all makes sense.

My endo put on me on 50 mg of Spiro, but I think that dosage is too low to see any effects no?

Also, I’d like to go on Metformin to control my weight (in additional to my good diet/excercise). Is anyone here on Metformin if they are only showing signs of Insulin Resistance (not yet diabetic?)

And, finally, I wanted to know if anyone here had experience with laser hair removal at this dose of Spiro and, was it successful or should I wait to increase the dosage (and let it build in my system) before I start LHR?

This forum is so great, thanks to those who take the time to post up about their experiences to help us newbies!!!

Lisa

Hello, and welcome Lisa (I just love that name, just ask my wife :wink: ). First Read Julia Ross’ book, The Diet Cure, (if you like it, you may want the sequel The Mood Cure) and you should also read Suzy Cohen’s Drug Muggers, and The 24 Hour Pharmacist. Those two books have some important information on Metformin.

Thanks James, I will have a read. My endo says the Metformin isn’t necessary just yet but I like to be prepared!

My question about spiro and laser hair removal - can anyone out there assist? Here it is again:

And, finally, I wanted to know if anyone here had experience with laser hair removal at this dose of Spiro and, was it successful or should I wait to increase the dosage (and let it build in my system) before I start LHR.

Thanks!