New to Hot Wax at Home

Hey all!

My work hours always seem to conflict with salon hours and I really hate shaving so I thought I’d start DIYing it at home. What I really wanted to do is get a similar set up to what they have in salons but I have no idea where I should be looking to get the vat which heats the wax. Actually I don’t even know what the proper name for the thing is =P

Any advice, especially on the name of the vat or where I could get one would be greatly appreciated.

sphynx

hey,

i think it’s a great idea. i was doing this for a few years before i started laser. well, i still do wax my arms.

you just need to search for ‘hot wax heater’. you should get some websites that supply equipment to beauticians come up so it’s just a matter of looking around and selecting the right heater and wax tubs that will fit in it.

i live in the UK and bought a student starter kit from a company called “Hive”. I think the equivalent in the States is “GiGi”.
It had a small wax heater, strips, spatulas, sprays/lotions and a variety of waxes. everything i needed to get started.

The only thing is, I had been waxing at home since my early teens anyway so I knew how to do it properly. I would suggest getting waxed at the salon a few times to see how they do it. It’s really easy to burn, bruise the skin or rip it off (can lead to infection) if you don’t have a proper technique.

hope that helps.

if you’re gonna diy, do sugar paste. its very inexpensive, you can make it yourself at home, you don’t need strips, and you will not run the risk of bruising yourself. search this forum for the recipes. good luck.