New technique like electrolysis ??? (long!)

OK, I know this is going to sound like quackery, but please hear me out. This ISNT something that I’ve developed, or in fact that anyone ELSE has developed, it’s just a logical (well, lateral!) application of a technique I’ve recently read about. I’ve been thinking about trying to apply a medical technique that intuitively has nothing to do with depilation to develop a new approach to it - one kinda like electrolysis (ie: requiring individual treatment of each follicle).

The main reason I am thinking of this is that it would be SUBSTANTIALLY less painful, it would be a little faster, and it stands a chance of giving better-than-electrolysis results (the timing of the cycle of hair growth would possibly be less important).

Now, obviously there are huge legal hurdles to leap with starting into something like this, but one consideration has to be the potential market for it. I guess my question is aimed mostly at practicing electrologists, but also at people who have either considered or actually had electrolysis in the past.

The clear drawbacks of electrolysis seem to me to be pain and time. The clear perceived drawback of laser is clearance. The way I see it, if the pain issue is driving people from electrolysis to laser and the tradeoff is clearance, this could be an attractive alternative. Perhaps I’m wrong and the motivations are different - so please feel free to talk about your motivations in choosing the technique you’ve gone with.

So, to my question:

Would such a technique, a little faster with significantly less pain than existing electrolysis techniques and possibly better clearance, be likely to draw customers from standard electrolysis or laser techniques?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

ps: for the practitioners out there, I’m guessing that the kit for this would be a little more expensive than existing electrolysis kit, but quite a bit less expensive than laser kit. There’s nothing special about it, it’s just a different application of very common equipment.

There are three factors that come into play in my mind…

Money (cost)

time (per session and overall)

and permanance…

If I was going to invest money, it would be in electrolysis, whether it was 30 minutes a week for $40 or two weeks straight for $6000

The time factor is certainly an issue with needle electrolysis, but you really don’t have to go back and back a few years between sessions like a laser program might… it leads to the third point…

Permanance… do it once, do it properly… in the long run, electrolysis works out cheaper and more time efficient than any other method… and it offers guaranteed permanency if done right…

So, to your questions, it you could make electrolysis cheaper, faster, less painful or more efficient, and still remain as safe, then you have a better mouse trap and you will do well with it…

JMHO,

David

Other issues beyond the important ones IHH brought up would be ease of use and safety. Treating single hairs would be time-consuming, so results and possible side effects would need to rival electrolysis.