New Poster- Experiences

Hi:

I have been following this forum for at least a year and would like to add my two cents worth as a new member.

I am an MTF Transwoman and started off with laser facial hair removal almost 2 years ago. I had 9-10 sessions with the Lightsheer Laser Diode system. It semed to work OK at times, but I kept getting a lot of regrowths. My normal hair color is brown, but I have some greys and white ones too. I would describe my facial hair as rather dense when I started. I had what would be described as a beard shadow, meaning even though shaved, you could see the darkness through the surface skin.

So, rather than continue with the laser, which probably helped somewhat, I switched to regular electrolysis about a year ago. In the past year I have had 50 hours of thermolysis which seems to be working. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Also about 5 months ago I started on HRT, which doesn’t help with the facial hair growth, maybe slows it down, but helps in other areas of the body. It does seem to make me more sensitive to pain however.

I take some tylenol 3’s before treatment, which consists of 2 hour sessions. I also apply emla ahead of the treatment. The pain usually occurs towards the end of the sessions.

For after treatment, if there is swelling I use an ice pack,(frozen corn). I also use a paste I made of zinc oxide and tea tree oil, or body shop brand mattifying moisture gel. I will also use an aloe skin care gel too.

In my current state, I try to allow my hair to grow for 4 days prior to my treatment. This is so she can see my hair, and get her tweezers on it to remove it after treatment.

I am really starting to see some results, but one thing I must pass on is that one has to be patient, and stick with a schedule.I had a pretty tough beard, but it is getting better all the time.

Alicia

Are you doing your whole body or just the face. I am a woman having work done on my thighs, stomach and backside and it seems to be taking forver. I was just wondering if maybe you knew an aproximate time to start seeing results when treating a larger area. EVA

Hi Eva:

I haven’t done other areas yet. Right now my face us a priority since women don’t usually have a five o’clock shadow. That area alone is costly when you add up all the time and expenses so far. Some people need 200 hours on their face alone.

For the rest of the body, first I have to wait and see what effect the hormones(estradiol), and anti-androgens such as spironolactone will have at diminishing thickness of body hair, as they are supposed to do.

You are right though that it does take a lot of time and patience. It has to be something that is important to you.
If it wasn’t important to me, I would not put up with the pain I sometimes have to tough out.

I wish you luck though.

Alicia