New Modification of Thermolysis

Hi…
I figured out a modification of the thermolysis method that cuts time in half or less. I had the name registered as ULTRA-lysis. The process is patentable and this is underway. It is particularly useful for large surfaces like the back, arms, chest, legs, etc. At present I am not recommending it for the upper or lower lip as the large number of folicles treated in so small an area in only a half hour might cause too much trauma in a localized area, thereby. resulting in unacceptable swelling that is visible to the naked eye. If it was covered by clothing, perhaps, it would be OK. I use ONLY short wave.

This technique was figured out by me as a result of my long experience as a US Navy Medical Corpsman with training at the US Navy Hospital Corpsman School and hospital O.R. experience ( I graduated in the upper 10% of the class and received an automatic promotion). In addition, I worked for one of the major drug companies (the makers of Claritin and other products for skin and also hormones) for 25 years. My job was to call on docs at the 3 Boston medical schools and sell them the idea of using my products. I won many prizes for this during the 25 years I did this but more importantly I made friends with some of the foremost docs in the country at Harvard, Tufts, and Boston U. Med schools. I also learned much about the human body in health and disease as well as the drugs used to treat many illnesses. I do not diagnose or treat them but I have a different perception of them than the average person and particularly the electrologists who THINK they know it all (a little knowledge is very dangerous)…

I checked my idea out with the chiefs of Dermatology at Mass. Genl. Hosp. (Harvard), New England Med Ctr. (Tufts), and Boston U. Hosp. All agreed it was very good and one even said,“I thought that was what you guys were doing.”

At present the probe is inserted and a setting is determined by the EXPERIENCED electrologist. The switch is closed and the patients feel the heat. THIS IS THE ONLY PRODUCTIVE PART OF THE TREATMENT. IT IS HERE THE ROOT IS COOKED. ANYTHING ELSE IS REALLY NON-PRODUCTIVE. THE ACT OF GRASPING THE HAIR AND RELEASING IT IS A WASTE OF TIME. JUST GO ON TO THE NEXT HAIR AND THE TREATED HAIR WILL FALL OUT BY ITSELF OR BY CHAFING OF CLOTHING OR A TOWEl AS ALL OTHER TELOGEN HAIR FALL OUT. It makes no difference if it is velus or terminal hair because they all go through the same stages.

The mere act of changing hands from probe to forceps is eliminated. There is no worry about dropping a forceps and stabbing the patient (I am sure it happens) or stopping to resterilize a forceps. Many patients start a large area, like the back, or legs but quit because of time and economic issues. For transgendered patients I would do the face and move all around so that there is no line showing where the hair was removed. It looks like the hair is just fading away. They want to see results fast but it would look weird if you start at the nape of the neck and work down. There is always an ARTIFICIAL LINE ACROSS THE BACK WHERE WORK WAS DONE. IF THE PATIENT CHANGES HIS/HER MIND…THEY ARE STUCK WITH THIS LINE OF DEMARKATION BETWEEN AREAS WORKED ON AND THOSE THAT WERE NOT TOUCHED AS YET.

There are no articles in medical texts that explore the percentage of anagens, catagens, or telogens in any single area. Any numbers quoted are GUESSTIMATES and then these numbers are repeated in future articles. The reason for this is there is NO MONEY TO STUDY THIS AND DOCTORS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS AS ALL HAIRS GO THROUGH THIS AND IT IS NOT A DISEASE. THE PRESENCE OF HAIR MAY BE IMPORTANT BUT THAT IS ALL.

Since there is no change from the actual use of the epilator, needle, or settings there is no intervention by FDA when using ULTRA-lysis. There are a few modifications out there that involve shaving a few days before visiting the electrologist. All hairs are shaved FLUSH with the surface, however, when the patient visits the office all catagens are STILL flush with the surface while the ANAGENS ARE ABOVE THE SURFACE. The laser people learned this and now sell their treatments a few weeks apart so they are treating ONLY ANAGENS (hopefuly) and it still leaves a lot to be desired.

In large areas there are many catagens and if I use a forceps to test each one, they are not as susceptible to treatment as anagens. Therefore, I have to do them over and they still will not release easily (another waste of time). The best thing to do is go on to the next hair after only one insertion. If it is a catagen it will soon fall out by itself. For new patients and new areas they feel more tugging because catagens may abound and do not respond as readily as anagens.

There are many more benefits but I do not have time now.

I agree, i’m always so annoyed by the practitioners insistance of taking the hair, of course, at first i understood the reasoning of so that they know which hairs are done, but it’s just silly in my opinion. My guy at least zaps 3 hairs, then pulls 3 hairs, reducing some of the utensil handling, but still, sheesh!

Thanks for the info, Harvey. Keep us posted on your patent.

I had some body work done by electrolysis, and they waxed me before I started. This meant that they were only treating anagen hairs. They would get any hairs as they came in. I think this is a good idea, especially for males doing large areas.

Besides the advantage of leaving with your hair removed, it may be beneficial to remove treated hairs immediatey to help the area heal and to avoid a breeding ground for infection. One time I had a zit on my face, and I found a gooey dead hair from electrolysis inside. Yuck!

Leaving hairs in my speed up treatment, but I suspect many consumers are going to want to leave with the area clear.

It should also be pointed out that a back full of treated hairs that were not epilated gave a young Mike Bono a site wide infection that lead him to become an electrologist committed to giving good treatments.

The fast speeds Fino and I obtain are realized by treating as many hairs as possible and then going back and removing them so that we do, say, ten hairs and then remove ten hairs.

Infection and immune responce is the best reason why electrologists don’t let clients leave with treated hairs still sitting in the now damaged follicle.

Hi James,
I agree with what you say about removing the hair with tweezers after an electro. treatment, it does take extra time, but, I show my clients what we have achieved. Not only that but I like for my clients to understand the stages of growth and I can show them. I do a lot of electro inc. TS clients I feel that it makes them feel better to be able to see the hairs removed and to have a bold patch. I have one client who love her bold patches after treatments and looks at the hairs that have been removed and says “look that ones anagen, great!” to make people happy and to feel good is why I do my job.