New laser/light-based hair removal pro forum!

I’ve created this area for practitioners to discuss issues in their occupation, share tips, and discuss equipment. Please feel free to participate, but please read if you are not a practitioner of this type of hair removal. Thanks!

HI,
I’ve always been taught that missing or delaying a treatment in the cycle can significantly add additional treatments needed.
Recently I went to a laser seminar conducted by a gentleman who has incredible credentials and is used by all the laser companies to educate, research, review etc. He also is on the ANSI board. He also said missing a treatment by only a few days can drastically potentially change the outcome.
My question is: Where can I find reseach or papers etc on this so I can better understand the science of it. There never seems to be much information on this that I can find. Thanks
jpar

You want to catch hair in anagen, but later anagen is best because the hair is more coarse and thus has more pigment to absord the heat.

Since hair cycle length varies by body area, treatment spacing varies based on body area as well. Face has short cycles and treatments may be needed 6-10 weeks apart. Legs have long hair cycles and treatments aren’t needed more often than 12-16 weeks apart.

Anagen lasts for weeks, so it’s hard to miss it by a few days unless you’re going over that 10 week or 16 week mark for the areas given in my example.

We have some links on length of growth cycle by area. Or you can Google for a list.

I don’t believe one must stay on a strict schedule. No evidence based studies surt that statement

The soprano xli is wonderful. Patients always say “yes, I see a big improvement with the first treatment”. Like anything else, it is very operator dependent (kind of like a golf club)…I can’t say what doesn’t work, but I can say the Alma Soprano XLI in the hands of a well trained professional (MD, NP, PA) is not “kind of” or “sort of” good but rather unbelievable! I’m just trying to inform the public, and I’m not selling anything.

We have yet to hear it’s “wonderful” from anyone who actually used it and isn’t selling it.

HI there,
Can someone helps , i am using the cynosure apogy machine laser mahcine , i have a mediterranean skin with dark thick hair , i have been using the laser machine on my back and shoulders , upper arms , back neck ,for more than 10 times , but i can see any progress just that hair is less thicker , the docteur is using 20jules/cm2, what sould i do ?? thnks for your help

Hi all,

I’ve been working with the lightsheer et and the lightsheer duet for over 2 years now. The clientele is majority middle eastern with olive skin. This is pretty tricky since there are a lot of hormonal issues and hereditary issues with hirsutism, also younger girls still going through puberty.

LAgirl, you stated 6-10 weeks for the face, but my patients are usually coming in 3-4 weeks since it tends to grow back quick. Have you had/read experiences about laser on face with great success? If anybody has had experiences with these machines, please share.

Thanks

Beautyrn

www.beautyrn.com

Anyone heard of the E-LIGHT IPL Laser Hair Removal
Skin Rejuvenation machine? It’s made in Japan by a company called Miharu (Model MX 16 B). There seem to be some good deals on it, but without knowing a little more about it I’m hesitant to pull the trigger.