New Here

Hi, I’m new here. I’m a 13 year old girl and have a lot of unwanted hair. I think part of that comes from my thyroid problems not too sure though. Anyway I really want to get rid of this for good. I do have some questions though. Do you have to be a certain age to get electrolysis done? If done correctly is it really permanent, I would never have to worry about the hair again? What if you had a hormonal change or something like that could that cause the hair to grow back? I have some more questions and concerns but I can’t think of them at the time. So, if anyone could reply to this I’d really appreciate it. I’m really depressed here.

Hi, I really know how depressing unwanted hair is. Especially at 13. I had the same problem when I was a teen ager. My daughter is 14 and she has the same problem. As an adult you learn that it isn’t the end of the world and it doesn’t mean as much to you. But in saying that I know how I felt at a young age and I know how my daughter feels. Right now I am doing everything I can for my daughter. At least everything I can afford. She is currently having laser treatment. She will start soon on some electrolysis. I wish someone had helped me when I was your age. I am not an electrolygist but I don’t see any reason why you can’t have it done. I hope financialy you have someone to help you and support you. Neither one of us has a thyroid problem so I can not comment on that. Hope this helped a little.

Any hormonal imbalance would cause a situation where new hairs can be stimulated.

You can get permanent hair removal in any hairs you currently have, and that will last forever. That being said, if you have some other problem in the future, you could stimulate hair growth in previously non-hair growing follicles. These would be hairs, and follicles that never before grew hair, and thus never were treated. We can’t treat follicles that don’t currently grow hair, and make sure they don’t grow hair in the future.

I wish you luck. Make sure your location is in your profile, and you will find people around here who will help you with the question of who is good in your area.