New Here… questions

Hello All,

I’ve been a reader here for quite some time and finally found the courage to post. I’ve been receiving electrolysis treatments since December 2021, primarily on my neck and chest. I’ve been to 3 different providers, staying with the last one, who all though has much older equipment does not pull the hair when she removes it (thermolysis is her modality). I previously plucked the hair, and she’s made several comments that the hair I have it strong. I have insanely sensitive skin, and I feel as though the reaction I’m having is more than mild. Photos attached.

The other part of this post is simply because I need encouragement. Though I’ve only been at this for four months (15 minutes/week, full clearance each time) it feels like it’s never going to end. Sometimes I think I see fewer hairs, but then I look in the mirror and its more of the same, although my skin is extremely irritated on top of it. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and encouragement.

Can you tell me about your aftercare regime?

Do you have before pictures?

If you have been going every week for 15 minutes since December that’s about 4 hours worth of electrolysis. It can take up to 9 months for every bothersome hair to come to surface just one time, so you are not there yet, as it takes 12-24 months to get through this process, due to the way hair appears on its own schedule.

The marks: Did you have a discussion with your electrologist? How recent are the marks in your picture? Maybe she can refine the recipe and not affect the skin surface so much? Maybe she can use an insulated or gold probe? You can use a concealer until it is completely healed.

You are not damaged for life. It should heal just fine with time.