New FREE book

Check out the updated version of John Fantz’s book “Ask the Instructor.” Indeed, this took some heroics to create this format, because I only had the “hard copy.” … You you will find this a very valuable book and surprisingly up-to-date. It’s a compilation of articles John wrote for the “International Hair Route” (Toronto). Really good stuff and free. Just go to my website … www.electrologynow.com and click on the graphic for the PDF. ENJOY!

4 Likes

:pray: :bowing_man: :revolving_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

You are the most devoted, detailed giving master of electrology instructors on this planet. I’m not praising you because this is free as I would have gladly paid for it. I am praising you because of all the work you put in your projects.

Did you personally know John Fantz?

2 Likes

I know old “Fartz” and he’s still very much alive. He’s such a kind soul … he created many wonderful electrologists and they usually keep in touch with him. Hope all is well and, well, I’m working on it and Dee Dee knows exactly what I mean too!

Thank you so much for sharing - for always sharing, Bono! I look forward to reading.

1 Like

Remember when you read this re: laser, that this was article written probably around 1995 … so, given what we know now, John was still pretty much on target. At the time, “Thermalase” was the going deal that ended up a total fraud. I wonder what the future holds?

Thank you so much for sharing always. Your knowledge, skill and wonderful advice.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this important work Michael. I hope you dont mind that I shared it with my Ontario FCEA chapter.

1 Like

Well, the idea is that this is free and can be used in any way you want. So, “go for it.”

I talked to John Fantz a couple times in the past few days, and he’s so happy that this little work (that has been out of print) is now available to everybody. (More to come.)

So sad that the “Hair Route” (our only electrolysis magazine) is no longer around. Derek Copperthwaite (Toronto) did a great job of providing a universal publication for all of us.

I believe I mentioned that the Hinkel text (the virtual back-bone of electrology) is now out-of-print! Hinkel’s daughter, who has always been most difficult, refused to continue printing the book and refused to sell the rights to it … and, as Dr. Heimlich reported to me, she died. So, now what? She also did not want me to put the Hinkel tapes on-line … I’m doing it anyway!

The book does need a major up-date, and, if were to write such a book, I’d use more common language. I am considering translating the book … line-by-line into simple English, and doing a major update. I wonder what happens to a copyright in such a situation? I think I’ll just get started and deal with the consequences. Why? I HATE ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT LIMITS INFORMATION!

2 Likes

Looks like copyright works last 95 years from the date of publication. Does Hinkel have any other family members?

Pretty sure that was the end of the line. Maybe I’ll get my att’ny to research the issue? Maybe I’m too damned old for another big project?

Is there a need for an updated Hinkel book? With current texts available including your own, what is missing? I believe your youtube projects contribute more to education than any textbook can. If you’re committed into a big project, I’d invest that time and effort into translating the text into video demo as you have done before.

1 Like

Good idea!

I honestly dont see the need. Sure some of the language is quint, and others use what would be considered bigotrous today, but that was real language at the time it was written. It’s understandable for the most part. I dont think however copyright extends to derivative or percieved work. If it were me , there’s probably some parts I would be tempted to improve upon partss, expand on others to improve concept communication. When nothing remains of the original text, it’s fair to give credit to Hinkel for inspiration, but much of that book does need a good rewrite. Look into fair use law. I think you might be looking at it the wrong way.Bear in mind however, I’m no lawyer, so that I think would be a good question for a copyright lawyer to advise you on.

1 Like