Nevada electrologists

hello I was told by nevada cosmetology board that there are 25 electrologists with active status on their license however they were unable to give me their contact information.

does anybody know of nevada electrologists you can send me their contact info, THANK!

https://hairtell.com/forum/c/hairtell-practitioner-locator/nevada

Two to consider who have active Nevada licenses:

Thankyou Andrea
Something I found Interesting,

After I learned there is currently only 1 electrologist in Nevada advertising through the AEA, I contacted the Nevada Board of Cosmetology and they were able to inform me there are 25 active state licensed electrologists in Nevada. I requested a list of them or where I can obtain one, as a consumer and they said they were not legally allowed to give out even the names or contact info for these electrologists. She suggested to call up salons and then when I find electrologists advertising I could contact the board and verify their license.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this being common within state licensing agency’s? Some have such infor readily available on their .gov websites while others won’t send any info. I just thought it seemed odd that they are their to help protect consumers and they cannot really be of much help. I guess it depends on each states individual laws

Government entities do not want to provide lists to avoid the suggestion they are endorsing some businesses. It also takes time to maintain lists provided to the public so they avoid it.

Their goal is to help you confirm that a specific practitioner is licensed, not to help consumers comparison shop.

It’s the same reason FDA does not approve medical devices. Devices are cleared or “ generally recognized as safe,” and it’s illegal to say your device is “FDA approved” etc.