Need to vent about money and subpar care

I’m so frustrated with the amount of money that I have been dishing out over the course of the past year for both medical and cosmetic reasons. A pretty good amount of money comes out of every paycheck for my health insurance, yet I’m still stuck paying a couple of hundred dollars every month to have all of these procedures and blood work drawn to figure out what the heck is wrong with me.

In the end, they have no reasonable explanation as to why I’m experiencing all of these symptoms. I haven’t even been able to have a pelvic ultrasound yet to confirm PCOS, which I’m pretty sure I have. I’ve been dishing out so much just to determine the stomach issues I’ve been having over the past couple of months and I’m sitting here looking at a bill for a couple of hundred dollars that the insurance wouldn’t cover for a colonoscopy. What frustrates me more is that they won’t accept credit cards as a form of payment. Do they expect that we just have money piled up in our bank accounts? Sometimes I wonder if it even pays to have insurance!

On top of that, I just spent 60 bucks in gas and another 60 dollars for an electrolysis treatment that probably wasn’t worth a damn, because I felt about 70% of the hairs being plucked. Granted, my skin appears better now that the hairs are gone, but it feels like I had an elaborate wax job. I don’t want to give up, but I just don’t even know where to go to next. I’m afraid of finding someone who is going to hack away at my skin, but I’m also afraid of dishing useless money out for poor treatments.

Between the subpar care I’ve been receiving from doctors, laser technicians, and electrologist, I’m seriously fed up! And I really don’t know how people can continue to afford this!

Your story is an edifying example as to why the USA needs a single-payer health system.

I’m not sure whether or not that would be the solution, but looking at these bills just makes me sick at how much they charge for certain procedures. Some things really should not cost this much!

Hello chewbacca, can you appeal with insurance company?

You can make arrangements to pay on a sliding scale. Many people make small payments every month according to their income. Nothing is free and prices are what they are for reasons that most people don’t understand, whether it be for a PCOS evaluation, colonoscopy, gasoline or electrolysis.